TIPS Missing Avantfax Icon and Access

G-Man

Reaction score
After successfully installing a “Certified Incredible Build” which can be referenced here:

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/certified-incredible-builds-for-asterisk.17636/#post-113906

...the only problem I am having occurred after running the included fax installer. I can’t access Avantfax GUI.

The fax install script seemed to run completely and successfully. I went with all defaults except when prompted for email and area code as instructed. I have rebooted several times yet no Avantfax icon appears in the first Incredible PBX screen. It did however add a dead Avantfax link along the top row that I can access once logged into the actual Incredible PBX Admin section; but that opens a 404 “page not found” error in all 3 browsers I’ve tried (Edge, Firefox, and Chrome).

When I attempt to set the Avantfax password using a command line within Putty I get:

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'avantfax.UserAccount' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'avantfax.UserPasswords' doesn't exist

Also within the Incredible PBX Admin >Admin>Module Admin section lists Avantfax as “enabled” as follows:

AvantFAX | 0.1.0.0 | Stable Josh North/Point808.com | GPLv3+ | Enabled

Within Incredible PBX Admin >Reports>Astrisk Info section lists the following IAX2 info:

Active IAX2 Channel(s): 0 | IAX2 Registry: 1 | IAX2 Peers: Online: 4 Offline: 0 Unmonitored: 0

So it appears I have some semblance of a fax installed, just no access to finalize the setup within the Avantfax GUI itself. I’ve researched elsewhere in the forums and found this similar phenomenon happening to others, but no solid solutions were posted.

The entire install is on a dedicated microATX w/Intel Core i3-540 (3.06GHz), 4GB DDR3 RAM, and 500GB HDD. I am trying to avoid re-installing the entire build from scratch, so any tips to salvage this install and get Avantfax access would be greatly appreciated.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Can you access AvantFax through a browser. If so, try admin:password. Then you can reset the password inside AvantFax.

G-Man

Reaction score
Can you access AvantFax through a browser. If so, try admin:password. Then you can reset the password inside AvantFax.
No access at all. Tried 3 browsers (Edge, Firefox, and Chrome) but get 404 - Page can't be found error. This occurs regardless whether I click the linked AvantFax button from within the Incredible PBX Administration GUI, or enter the URL (http://[mypbxip]/avantfax) directly into a fresh browser window.

I am beginning to wonder if my CentOS version could be the problem as I went with 7.2.1511. That is my only deviation from your tutorial. Just say the word and I'll wipe it and go with 6.x

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just say the word and I'll wipe it and go with 6.x

Yeah. I'm afraid CentOS 7 may be the problem. We haven't tested the fax components with CentOS 7, and I suspect there are missing pieces. If you can even get AvantFax to come up in a browser, then the missing password is the least of your worries. I'd stick with CentOS 6 for the time being. CentOS 7 still has some rough edges... as you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.