TIPS Migrating from 2.0.6.4 to the latest IncrediblePBX

alevene

Reaction score
I've been running 2.0.6.4 for years without a problem under VMware and installed the latest IncrediblePBX on a Centos 6.7 platform also under VMware. It uses FreePBX, 2.10.1.19 and Asterisk 1.8.21.0.

It looks similar, but I'm not sure if I just do a complete backup of the 2.0.6.4 and restore to the new version, or if there is a specific series of steps?

Is there an article, or how to, on doing this?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In a nutshell, you install a new Incredible PBX 13/12 server which includes the FreePBX 12 GPL modules. Then you upgrade FreePBX on your existing server to get it up to version 12. Then you make a backup with Incredible Backup. Copy it to new server and do Incredible Restore.

Plenty of threads have more detail if you need it.

alevene

Reaction score
I ran this FreePBX upgrade -

amportal a ma upgrade framework
amportal a ma upgrade core
amportal a ma upgradeall

It upgraded to FreePBX Version = 12.0.76.4 but the admin web pages no longer worked, so I could run not the backup command. I reverted back to the saved image.

If the upgrade command set was wrong, can you copy and paste the correct lines to I can get to v2.12 from v2.10?

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.