GO HERE May I have a suggestion that works please

dbaddour

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have and still using the PBX in Flash. But now when no updates are available anymore, the system start acting up and I am always trying to troubleshoot the issue.
Looking to upgrade, hardware and software. What I am stuck with now, is I have 8 analogue phone lines, that seems the decision makers don't want to change that to VIOP lines.
I need a good suggestion on what flavor or new PIAF i can use that will work with my analogue lines, I also have on hand couple of the Digium cards.
I was looking at the 3CX PBX?

Please and thank you.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Please provide us your OS and version of the software so we can better help you.

dbaddour

Reaction score
PBX in a Flash Version = 1.7.5.6 x
x FreePBX Version = 2.8.1.5 x
x Running Asterisk Version = k 1.6.2.18 x
x Asterisk Source Version = 1.6.2.18 x
x Dahdi Source Version = 2.4.1.2+2.4.1 x
x Libpri Source Version = 1.4.11.5 x
x Addons Source Version = 1.6.2.3 x
x IP Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.x on eth0 x
x Operating System = CentOS release 5.7 (Final)

That is the old system that I am still using... as you see it is very much old.. that is why I am asking what flavor or version I can use now if I want to upgrade to a new system. and the new version I want it to be compatible with the analogue lines that using the Digium card.

THank you

dbaddour

Reaction score
Hi thank you for your reply I am not looking for an upgrade I want all fresh start my concern if this version would be compatible with the analogue card I have

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I have Incredible PBX 13-12L.2 for Scientific Linux running on hardware (HP xw4600) with Digium (1) 4 port T1 and (1) 24 port analog cards just fine.

dbaddour

Reaction score
Thank you for the assurance.. sounds great, going to give it a try.. did you have any issues loading the drivers for the card? and able to get them active easy?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
It was my first time doing it and now I have 5 different servers running in this configuration (they are used in a lab environment to provide telco like calls to our call processing solution).

Running Ward's install automatically installed Dahdi and Libpri without needing any input what so ever. My servers running PRI I configure with the FreePBX Dahdi module, and the ones running standard 24 channel T1 are configured manually.

dbaddour

Reaction score
Sweet.. Thank you again... I will give it a try in the next couple of days... I have the Digium Wildcard TDM800P.. that what I am planning on use since I already have 3 of these card on hand

dbaddour

Reaction score
Good Day,
Sorry it has been a while, Finally I am working on this now..
Tbrummell, did you install the Dahdi module and configure it in order to have the card driver working?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Good Day,
Sorry it has been a while, Finally I am working on this now..
Tbrummell, did you install the Dahdi module and configure it in order to have the card driver working?
It all installed automatically.....

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
@dbaddour

Sorry for the late two cents did not see this earlier --

You need to be careful with a build as old as you have your cards may be ISA based and if they are they will not work in most current hardware PCI (PCI-e) and a box old enough to support ISA may not handle current 64Bit OS requirements.

dbaddour

Reaction score
Good day,

the system is installed and network connections are done.
I have a 2 IP phones also configured, and registered with the system. that can make internal extension call fine.. but no way for external. "service Unavailable".
PS: I have 8 analogue lines that using Digium card.

just to compare (try apple to apple) from my old system config to the new one:
- old system extension are SIP Extensions? what to use with the new one? ( Dahdi, chan_SIP....)
- Trunks, old system using Zap Trunks? what use on the new one?
- Channel old system using Zap Channel No option on the new one..

Thank you

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
- old system extension are SIP Extensions? what to use with the new one? ( Dahdi, chan_SIP....)

SIP either PJ or regular depending on the age and capabilities of the end points.

- Trunks, old system using Zap Trunks? what use on the new one?

Dahdi -- is the replace.

- Channel old system using Zap Channel No option on the new one..

Same answer Dahdi instead of Zap.

dbaddour

Reaction score
Thank you,
That is exactly what I have done. BUT no inbound or outbound calls are working.. ( calling out, i receive Service Unavailable. calling in, it rings for ever but no contact).
attached is the CLI for the outbound call:

Attachments

• Asterisk CLI outbound call.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 3

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
You have not installed and configured DAHDI Correctly ---

Code:
[2018-11-09 10:41:55] WARNING[29416][C-00000000]: channel.c:6343 ast_request: No channel type registered for 'DAHDI'
[2018-11-09 10:41:55] WARNING[29416][C-00000000]: app_dial.c:2527 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'DAHDI' (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:24] NoOp("SIP/1062-00000000", "Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CHANUNAVAIL and HANGUPCAUSE = 66") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:25]

dbaddour

Reaction score
Hello phonebuff,

So I do have to install DAHDI manually, via the command line rather then the CLI module?
as under the GUI Admin Module DAHDI config is the only one exist?

dbaddour

Reaction score
Hello again,

Phonebuff... I have tried to install dahdi via Command line and attempt the configuration. for some reason I kept getting error on the CLI GUI when trying to configure it and would not display.
any other way to install that module?
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.