Magic Jack issues

VaHam

Reaction score
was working with completetech last night and got one of his MJ lines working. But when trying to activate a 2nd trunk with seperate account/proxy location - the 2nd trunk would never register.....

I have 2 accounts, but they are at 2 seperate locations so I can not try here at home...

suggestions?

Myk

Hummm it should work. I haven't tried my second MJ yet though. I can't try anything right now I tried to move the PIAF home location so I could use Apache root as a general purpose web server more easily and borched up my security in Asterisk now.

I went back to the stock setting (I think but) but now my trunks register fine but none of my extensions will register. I get a 404 back when they try and register. I can't even get the mailbox *98 to work it says "The number you have dialed is not in service". My Asterisk log says extensions have failed ACL.

So I gotta get this squared away before I can play with MJ anymore.

Reaction score
thanks for all the help last night...

trying to just disable the trunk that was working and re-enable the trunk that was not.

I also tried on a different proxy as well

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
tonight i might vpn into work when nobody is there (using the trunk) and disable mj2 trunk and try setting it up at home to see if it will register.

I need to get another for a 3rd box at another location about 3.5 hrs away....

Will post results after I get home.

Myk

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I have two different MJ accounts/proxies and both are registered

Code:
Host                            Username       Refresh State                Reg.Time
proxy01.xxxxxxx.talk4free.com:  Exxxxxxxxxx0       105 Registered           Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:35:39
proxy01.xxxxxxxxxxxx.talk4free  Exxxxxxxxxx0       105 Registered           Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:35:39
So all I can say is make sure your trunks are EXACTLY the same except for the account, password and proxie

Myk

VaHam

Reaction score
Ok, I have two different MJ accounts/proxies and both are registered

Code:
Host                            Username       Refresh State                Reg.Time
proxy01.xxxxxxx.talk4free.com:  Exxxxxxxxxx0       105 Registered           Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:35:39
proxy01.xxxxxxxxxxxx.talk4free  Exxxxxxxxxx0       105 Registered           Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:35:39
So all I can say is make sure your trunks are EXACTLY the same except for the account, password and proxie

Myk

Congrats! Thanks for taking the time to test it. I am still chasing my self induced problems here and just about ready to do a fresh install.

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
you could prob use the same proxy, as two indv MJ dongles plugged in I would assume would pick the same proxy, just use different account #/passwords

Myk

Reaction score
mine did work. sorry been so busy with work forgot to post. it was..lets say...a typographical error... :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.