Lumenvox?

sprior

Reaction score
Is any work being done to come up with a scripted install for the Lumenvox engine on PBX in a Flash?

Titanous

Reaction score
I'm running Lumenvox with no issues. It is quite easy to install.

sprior

Reaction score
I was able to install the Lumenvox Engine via yum, but don't know if there is a similar way to install the Asterisk to Lumenvox connector code (for Asterisk 1.4.18). How did you get/install the connector code?

emtty

Reaction score
I was able to install the Lumenvox Engine via yum, but don't know if there is a similar way to install the Asterisk to Lumenvox connector code (for Asterisk 1.4.18). How did you get/install the connector code?

The connector is only available as a tarball; grab it from the "Software Download" area in your LumenVox account page:

asterisk-1.4.x-lumenvox-support-linux-i686-32bit-b21-engine8.0.tar.gz

Downlaod to your local machine, upload it to your PBX, untar (zxf), copy 'res_speech_lumenvox.so' to '/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/', copy 'lumenvox.conf' to /etc/asterisk/, then restart asterisk (amportal restart).

Ooh... and add 'load => res_speech.so' near the top of your '/etc/asterisk/modules.conf' to ensure the res_speech loads prior to 'res_speech_lumenvox'. Basically just follow the README in the untared directory.

sprior

Reaction score
For some reason the connector downloads don't show up in my software download account page, just the engines themselves. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow after I talk with them, I'm just bummed because I wanted to fire it up this weekend.

sprior

Reaction score
Thanks much! I'm deploying a test machine which will replace my old Trixbox machine which was tricked out with Cepstrel and Lumenvox and my code which uses the asterisk-java code to do home automation stuff. I've got Cepstrel back on the new box and once I get Lumenvox running again I'll be off to the races!

emtty

Reaction score
license reset

Lumenvox is a treat, especially with localized short and long term memory with realtime weight adjustments in the dialplan. Definitely some interesting things that can be done if you take the plunge.

Also be aware, the license 'reset' link in the Lumenvox portal will NOT reset licenses as of the last time we checked and spoke Lumenvox support, so you'll probably still have to make that phone call to their support.

Good luck!

sprior

Reaction score
I realized a while back that I'll be reinstalling my Asterisk boxes fairly often and didn't want to run into problems with Lumenvox licensing, so I installed the license server on one of my more long term boxes. Lumenvox doesn't give very good instructions on using a license server which isn't on the engine box, but if memory serves you just have to edit /opt/lumenvox/engine/bin/license_client.conf with the numeric IP (names don't work) of the machine with the license server. This means you can skip the step of installing the license server code on the engine box.

Titanous

Reaction score
if memory serves you just have to edit /opt/lumenvox/engine/bin/license_client.conf with the numeric IP (names don't work) of the machine with the license server. This means you can skip the step of installing the license server code on the engine box.

First, don't forget to open port 7569 on the license server.
Second, you need to install the license server code on the Asterisk server as well. Just run
Code:
chkconfig lumenvoxlm off
to disable the server on the Asterisk box after installing it.

Also, I had to create /etc/ld.so.conf.d/lumenvox.conf with the contents of
Code:
/opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/
/opt/lumenvox/licenseserver/lib/
and run ldconfig before the example would compile.

touser

Reaction score
For anyone who actually got this working, how did you get res_speech_lumenvox.so to load? Even when i try to load it manually it says "no such module" And yes, i followed the install instructions exactly.

Reaction score
Take a look at this thread...

LINK and notice Ethan's fix.

This may help...

Last edited by a moderator:

emtty

Reaction score
connector

For anyone who actually got this working, how did you get res_speech_lumenvox.so to load? Even when i try to load it manually it says "no such module" And yes, i followed the install instructions exactly.

Did you d/l and install the connector module? Confirm that res_speech_lumenvox.so is present in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ and readable by the 'asterisk' user; may have to chown/chmod depending on current perms/ownership.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.