DEAL Lowest Cost SIP Terminations (US48 and Canada so far)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Milton Alvis: sip.us was in the list, but I understood they had dropped out of the per minute terminations game in the U.S. and Canada. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Milton Alvis

Reaction score
I have been using them at $0.009/min.
I ported all numbers, quality has been good, offered us several additional options & configuration updates online are instant.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You're an existing customer. I don't think the per minute option for U.S./Canada calls is available to new subscribers.

rastasean

Reaction score
Milton Alvis, wardmundy is correct: sip.us now requires a minimum monthly rate.

For what it's worth, I have NOT been able to get sip.us to configure with jitsi or my deskphone. I've recently upgraded the router so I'll try again. Understandably, they are a trunk service so it's meant to be used on some server, not directly with an endpoint, but bria works great with it.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Two wholesale providers I've been using lately, with great results, are Alcazar Networks (www.alcazarnetworks.com) and Voxbeam (www.voxbeam.com). Both have no volume requirements and offer 6-second billing. For the US 48, alcazar is in the range of 0.1 to .5 cpm depending on NPXNXX; for my 603 exchange, it's 0.5 for interstate, 0.4 cpm for intrastate. Voxbeam is 0.85 cpm. Canada is much less for both.

Alcazar offers Toll-free Origination for USA48 + Canada for $2.00 a month plus $0.0118/minute! That is awesome. Most toll-free DIDs are >$0.06 for Canada. <1.2 cents per minute for Toll Free is the best I've ever seen... esp. for no volume commitments.

Both take Paypal for Topup, and they use IP Authentication.

Phil | DIDLogic.com

Reaction score
DID Logic also includes Canada with US48 for 800 origination.
US toll-free DIDs are $0.99/month with no volume commitment.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone ever analyzed if 6 second billing has much effect on rates? Alcazar is on average 22% cheaper than Anveo Direct for a number of exchanges I tested, but Anveo uses per second billing. But I wonder in real life usage if that will make that much of a difference or not?

Do they charge a "top up fee" related to the percentage they are paying Paypal like Anveo does (ie when you top up with Anveo Direct you pay their merchant fee percentage).

Also, Phil, what is the toll free origination rate for Canada and the US?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've been using Alcazar and VoIP Innovations for a while as my main two providers.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, Phil... What is the DID Logic Rate for US48+Canada? I am using Vitelity for mine now; they are $.0.25/month, but $0.019/min US48 and (ouch) $0.07 Canada.
atsak: Yes, Alcazar charges a $2.00 Paypal fee... so it's stupid to put in $25 (the minimum).

sorvani

Reaction score
In addition to the ones you have listed, I really like VoicePulse. Their wholesale rate is $11/month for 1 DID, 4 channels, and free inbound calling.
I generally use them and VoIP.ms in combination to keep everything covered.

Phil | DIDLogic.com

Reaction score
Atsak, w1ve, gentlemen, I'm terribly sorry to be bumping up an old thread.
There were some forum changes with regards to usernames. I have received some very old updates.

To answer your question, 800 toll-free DID inbound is $0.018/min and includes Canada.
Outbound to US 48 is $0.0069 and Canada is $0.0026/min

This excludes dialer and low ACD traffic. As we know,"US flatrate" is actually arbitrage. US wireless carriers may be able to buy flatrate because their traffic profile is conversational (callers stay on the phone for longer than a minute).

Normally there is an "80% RBOC" rule, meaning that at least 80% should go to major metro CLECs in the US or Canada. Rural, wireless and Canada provincial exchanges are excluded (with Alabama, Yukon or Iowa running as high as $0.06/min to some areas). Carriers have to shoulder a lot of calls taking up the circuits, many going unanswered or occupying trunk lines for up to 1 minute before dropping off (with no revenue). For those reasons, US48 is not available at $0.0069/min flat for dialer, collection activity, telemarketing or other automated dialing environment. Only conversational retail traffic qualifies for this US rate. With a conversational traffic profile, we offer 0.0069 and this is normally OK with our underlying carriers.

We're also happy to offer dialer service via a separate capacity group for clients that require it. Usage must be Do Not Call compliant.

Ncode

Reaction score
Regarding Didlogic offer... If call quality they provide in the US is similar to what we have as their client in Europe, I would not recommend Didlogic for business use. For personal use, can be acceptable, though. Low rates in this case mean you will get what you pay for. And do not expect miracles from their support.

Hometech

Reaction score
Quick question which one of these providers allow you to set your CID from Asterisk when making outgoing calls. I want to be able to send different CID's for Outgoing calls depending on what extension is making the outbound call.

hillclimber

Reaction score

hillclimber

Reaction score
Try freevoipdeal.com, or powervoip.com, or voipbuster.com, or 12voip.com, off the top of my head. Out of all of the providers on the list at http://backsla.sh/betamax, I can personally tell you those 4 work for me, (but I suspect the others will as well). This particular list of betamax companies is what the article is about.

Red RedMan

Reaction score
Has any one use sip.us
trying to get incrediblepbx ubuntu distro working with the sip trunk

gtiglobal

GTI Global Technologies
Reaction score
We can offer Flat Rates! NO CC PLEASE!!
US premium routing $0.003 per minute 6/6 - includes Alaska and Hawaii.

gigafibr

Reaction score
@wardmundy are all these prices in USD?

If thats the case, guess I beat everyone, we wholesale CAD 0.0033 for Canadian termination
works out to 0.0025USD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.