SOLVED Lost ability to use GUI - rest of system works fine

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
I am running Incredible PBX 13-12.2 on Scientific Linux 6.8 (Asterisk version 13.5.0 and Incredible GUI 12.0.30). Recently I lost the ability to make changes to the system using the web GUI. They system is working just fine (even after a reboot), and I can open and log into the web GUI where I see the "Welcome to Incredible PBX" and the normal menus at the top. However, when I select a menu option (such as Applications / IVR), I get kicked back out to the main menu and have to select the Incredible PBX Administration icon and log in again.

In other words, I have a working system, but no way to make any changes using the normal web GUI. Any help or suggestions on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I believe this started to occur after a power failure.

Thanks!

e123enitan

Reaction score
On a hunch, I reinstalled Asterisk by using the update script (https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/newer-asterisk-13-upgrade-scripts.19247/). I am happy to report that my web GUI is now working again!

Hi Brian, it seems I have same issue, GUI kicks me out, to fix the issue, do I need to write this below and how?
I am running PBX on VM, could you pls post a simple steps as I am a complete novice in this respect.

Thanks for your kind supports

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
tar zxvf upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
rm -f upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
e123enitan,

the commands you have listed are typed directly at the command prompt after you ssh in to your machine.
On a PC, download a program called putty (putty.exe). You'll enter the machine's ip address and then username and password for your PBX.

at the prompt, type each command in and the machine will execute it.

I'm not suggesting this will fix your problem, I'm stating that that's how you would get the 5 lines of code above to execute on your machine.

Andrew

e123enitan

Reaction score
e123enitan,

the commands you have listed are typed directly at the command prompt after you ssh in to your machine.
On a PC, download a program called putty (putty.exe). You'll enter the machine's ip address and then username and password for your PBX.

at the prompt, type each command in and the machine will execute it.

I'm not suggesting this will fix your problem, I'm stating that that's how you would get the 5 lines of code above to execute on your machine.

Andrew

Thanks- I fixed the issue by deleting PBX and VM apps, then start the whole process from scratch, so I was able to access the GUI without been kicked out.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.