SOLVED Looking to show off again new york did

rg00dman

Guru
Reaction score
Hi All

Trying to show off what a wonderful thing a home PBX is to my family and yet again another chance has presented itself, my brother is going to get married in New York (we live in the UK), but sadly myself and the blushing bride's grandma are unable to go, so I thought why dont I set-up two or one with an IVR New York DID's so when they are away they have a cheap way to keep in contact, don't get me wrong I am under no illusion it wont be me they will be calling lol.

So I have looked around but I cant seem to find any active provider which gives free DID in New York, I found one but you had to phone there office during normal working hours and as always this is lastmintue.com so if anyone out there knows of somewhere please let me know.

Oh I tried sipgate and they don't seem to have any New York DID's at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Rob

rg00dman

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Joe

I have opened an account with them and sent them a contact email, will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Get a 99 cents/month NYC DID from Localphone.com. They are UK based. (Servers in Amsterdam, actually) 99 cents a month unmetered is essentially free. (No term or contract) Just register the DID with your PBX and have it ring your UK phones.

rg00dman

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for all the comments I went with Joe's solution got a number in Rhode Island which I think will still be cheaper than them calling uk numbers.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.