Looking to shorten pause between IVR and destination

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Don't allow direct dial of extensions from the IVR; make people press something to enter an extension? That's the only thing I can think of.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I have about a 5 second pause between the selection of the option (eg. "press 7") and the option taking place.

Any suggestion?

Ubuntu 18.04 - UpCL\loud - Incredible: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=25930

I don't use the Ubuntu, but assuming everything else being the same, what do you have for your IVR for Timeout? Set it to 1. I have a voicemail IVR with a backdoor in it. We play the message to leave a message - set timeout to 1, invalid retires disabled, timeout retries to 0 and timeout destination to voicemail. If someone doesn't press the magic code within 1 second of playing the voicemail recording, they hear a beep and leave a message.

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
Set timeout to 1, no change.

The direct dial of extension works ok - only 2 or 3 seconds before dropping into a mailbox (all virtual extensions on this PBX)

It is when the caller presses an IVR option that a full 4 seconds transpires before whatever that option is actually happens. Right now I have only 3 options. Press 1 for the Directory, 2 for conferences, 8 for General Mailbox

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
But you have Direct Dial enabled, correct? If so, it's waiting for more DTMF input to see if an extension is being dialed. Temporarily disable Direct Dial and see if that shortens your input time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.