QUESTION Looking to set a deticated outbound

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
What I have previously done (and replicated in my current setup which I have not yet tested) is to the use the "Callerid" field in Outbound Routes. Each of the iaxmodem entries has a "cidnumber" field (in /etc/iaxmodem/iaxmodem-cfg.ttyIAXn) which the install process sets to "00000000000", and "00000000001", and so on.

In you Outbound Routes field, create a dial pattern entry for each iaxmodem (the Incredible Fax creates 4 iaxmodems). Use something like 1NXXNXXXXXX for the match pattern, and then use the "00000000000", and "00000000001", and so on for the callerid in each one. Then all you have to do is direct it to a trunk that you only use for faxing (thus "dedicated").

(As installed via Incredible Fax that cidnumber is 10 zeros, plus the iaxmodem number 0-3, so the full callerid is 11 digits)

Hope that gets you going.

Jeff

trupsalms

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to get this down, i do remember seeing a post about it a while before. Hell it should be simplest with custom-context, seeing as iax.conf already has context=from-fax but that does not work please help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.