QUESTION Looking for Quality Headset

JayG30

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got some users that could greatly benefit from headsets. They will be moving to an area where there will be multiple people in close proximity so I'm looking for something that will provide good noise isolation for both parties. They are using Yealink T46G phones.

I've looked at a few options and I'm looking for advice. I want something relatively inexpensive (not $100+ advanced wireless stuff), good sound quality, and simple to use/support.

I think the wireless headsets are going to be far to expensive and unnecessary for us.

Bluetooth seems like it could work, you can get a cheap bluetooth module for the T46G and pair that with any bluetooth headset it seems. However I'm not sure what bluetooth headsets would be good and I'm concerned about pairing issues and it getting disconnected for random reasons.

And finally wired headsets which Yealink has one and it seems like I could get something from Jabra, Plantronics, etc that could connect directly into the T46G but I'm not sure. For instance Plantronics has the ENCOREPRO 510/520 and it seems like you should be able to connect directly into the phone with something like that...?

I was also hoping they would be able to pickup/mute calls from the headphones but that seems like a no go unless I moved to something that interfaces to the desktop over USB?

Anyone have an opinions or advice from real world experience with headsets?

Thanks.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Jabra Wave Bluetooth ($50) works very good with Grandstream GXP-2160 & GXP-2135

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
For the less expensive bluetooth, I really like my LG TonePro HBS headset. It's stereo capable, so when you want to tune out the outside world, just plug both in your ear and you become oblivious to the outside. Plus with the around the neck yoke style, its about weightless and you forget you're even wearing it.

And Yes - I use it on my GXP-2160

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.