NO JOY Long delay in making calls

phinphan

Reaction score
I am using 3cx 16.0.910 on a Windows 7 machine. Whenever I connect with a client (android) and dial a number either outgoing pstn or to a connected PIAF box hosted at Rentpbx, there is a long delay, about 30 seconds before the call is completed. If I see that it does not connect instantly, I can hang up and repeat 4 or 5 times and then it will connect instantly for a few minutes. Later in the day same problem. Extension to extension within 3cx does not have that problem. Firewall check is green and everything seems to work just fine except for that delay. Any suggestions?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Post dial delay usually means the carrier you're using for your outbound calls is not accepting the call and timing out and going to your backup carrier. I'm not as familiar with 3cx so I'm not sure how you do it, but try changing the outbound route carrier to another one.

phinphan

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. I should have made the point that the delay occurs when I call a PIAF extension as well as outbound. Only 3cx extension to 3cx extension has no delay. After looking at your comment, I watched the cli and noticed that all the delay appears to be on the 3cx side. I dial my conf call or any extension from my 3cx extension. cli shows no entries for 30 seconds or so, then as soon as there is an entry in the cli the call completes immediately. I wonder if it could be a delay in the trunk from piaf to 3cx which needs time to be recognized as it is authenticated by ip, not by registration.

Last edited:

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Well that seems odd - is there some kind of weird configuration on the phone itself which is waiting for more digits or something?

phinphan

Reaction score
No, because once you have made the first connection, it connects instantly on the next call or two. Several hours later the initial delay returns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.