SOLVED Locate old data re Follow-Me?

rchalk

Reaction score
I have a problem with a system that calls another number which I believe is left over from a Follow-Me setup. This number was deleted using FreePBX, but the system still causes it to be called. I am at a loss to tell where this number is stored, or how to get rid of it, so if anyone has any clues, I would appreciate the help. The person whose number is being called is no longer with my customer, and is being annoyed by these calls.

Thanks for looking, and any help you can offer...

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, to update, I did a search for files containing the number in question, on directory "VAR", and I found several files. Most are just logs, but a couple are suspect, which are:
/var/lib/mysql/asteriskcdrdb/cdr.MYD (is this just the call records?)
/var/lib/asterisk/astdb (this might be the culprit?)

Thanks for looking

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
How about searching /etc/asterisk --

grep -l 1234 * Where 1234 are the last four digits of the number you want -

Then open and if it's a custom edit the file appropriately -

rchalk

Reaction score
That didn't work, (no results) but here's what I have found so far...
I downloaded astdb onto a PC, and looked at it in Notepad. Then I did a search for the phone number in question, and found it in an entry following the extension number in question. The entry says CFU and then the number, which I think (?) might mean Call Forward Unanswered, which is the condition I am seeing.

The question now is, how do I edit astdb without messing up the format, and rendering it useless? Can I just delete this entry in Notepad, and then re-save the file, or can I do it within Linux using nano? I am concerned that there is a sequence to the fields in the file, and by deleting one, the rest might be displaced, and not work correctly.

Can anyone help?

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, I looked at that, and running database show I can see the entry as /CFU/XXXX :XXXXXXXXXX (digits removed)
If I run database del /CFU/XXXX, I get this:
Usage: database del <family> <key>
If I run database del /CFU/XXXX XXXXXXXXXX, I get:
Database entry does not exist.

I am not clear as to which part is the family, and which part is the key. Can you help me just a little more with the command format?
Thanks

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, never mind. I was able to use database deltree CFU/XXXX, and that got rid of it.

Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.