PIONEERS Living the Ubuntu Dream

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
jeff.h: OK. I updated the tarball. So download again from here into /root and run through the install steps again minus the sed commands if you've already run them on your server. There is a new last line to handle ipchecker in /etc/crontab. You still will have to activate accounts to be checked in /etc/ipchecker as well.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A second release of Incredible PBX for Ubuntu 14 is ready for the pioneers now. Lots of new features, completely reworked installer, bulletproofing of menuconfig for future Asterisk releases, and more compatibility with the RedHat/CentOS/Fedora methodology. Includes iptables-restart, all of the Travelin' Man 3 utilities, and new timezone-setup module.

Btzb39_IAAA7FCr.jpg:large

Here's the new install procedure.

1. Create Ubuntu 14 minimal install
2. Log in as root and...
Code:
apt-get install && apt-get update -y && reboot
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx11.4.ubuntu14.tar.gz
tar zxvf incredible*
./IncrediblePBX11.sh

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Dang it... I just kicked off a build about 15 mins ago using the code from the NerdVittles page. I ended up blowing up my droplet doing some other stuff and was going rebuild and test the new ipchecker tar ball.

Guess I will cancel and rebuild using the new code :confused:

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Seems to be working like a champ. Are you going to add update-passwords to the Ubuntu build? I noticed that ipchecker only gives a report if something is wrong whereas on the other distros it actually says if each entry is ok.

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 11.54.55 AM.png

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
Is there an way to backup the trunk and route settings and import them to the second release?

Thanks,

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
jrglass: Glad you mentioned that. I forgot to add Incredible Backup 11. I'm out of pocket this afternoon, try the one I just updated for the Raspberry Pi and see if it works. Either way, I'll add it. Don't use the Raspberry Pi edition.

Try this:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblebackup11U.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblebackup11U.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblebackup11U.tar.gz

Then run: /root/incrediblebackup or /root/incrediblerestore

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I moved all my home phones and trunks over to my Ubuntu droplet from my usual Foxconn box and its been working great. In fact I am still on a call thats been going for over 45 minutes on a Flowroute trunk as I write this. :cornut:

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Inbound faxing using the native detection on the inbound route is working fine too.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I moved all my home phones and trunks over to my Ubuntu droplet from my usual Foxconn box and its been working great. In fact I am still on a call thats been going for over 45 minutes on a Flowroute trunk as I write this. :cornut:

The performance is really quite spectacular. Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. We may follow your lead. :balloon:

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
One thing I like is the ability to go right to the control panel without having to give away the maint password. My users are going to love having access to that feature from within their offices. Once you call it "soup" I think I am going to start upgrading everyone. :thumbsup:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's a little patch (make it into an executable file and run it) to get SendMail working from command line. I've added it to new installs already...
Code:
fqdn1=`grep 127.0.1.1 /etc/hosts | cut -f 2 -d " "`
fqdn="noreply.incrediblepbx.com $fqdn1"
sed -i "s|$fqdn1|$fqdn|" /etc/hosts
cat /etc/hosts

After running it, you should be able to send yourself a test email message like this:
Code:
echo "test" | mail -s testmessage [email protected]

matt91

Reaction score
Is it possible something changed and the default FreePBX username/password is no longer admin:admin? I just spun up a new droplet and used
Here's the new install procedure.

1. Create Ubuntu 14 minimal install
2. Log in as root and...
Code:
apt-get install && apt-get update -y && reboot
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx11.4.ubuntu14.tar.gz
tar zxvf incredible*
./IncrediblePBX11.sh

Everything seems to install correctly, but i'm getting a "Invalid Username or Password" error each time i try to log in via the www site. SSH access works fine.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, at the end of the install it tells you what the randomly generated password is. You can take that and go into the GUI to make the change. Ward posted this in the CentOS 7 thread... haven't tried it here though

Yep. It get's randomized as part of the install now. Answer is spit out at the end of the install. But you can change it with the following command*:

mysql -u root -ppassw0rd -e "update asterisk.ampusers set password_sha1 = '`echo -n newpassword | sha1sum`' where username = 'admin' limit 1;"

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Just did a fresh install on a Atom based box and it's working great so far.

I was wondering about the IVR. Is there a reason it isn't pre configured on Ubuntu? Should I just follow the NR article on IVR setup?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Bob Helbush: Just trying to make Incredible PBX a little more generic to appeal to a broader audience. The sample IVR gave access to many things that most folks probably wouldn't want to expose to the public on a production server.

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Bob Helbush: Just trying to make Incredible PBX a little more generic to appeal to a broader audience. The sample IVR gave access to many things that most folks probably wouldn't want to expose to the public on a production server.

Got everything going that I use with the NV article. Only thing I'm missing now is the weather. Hoping I can get that going with some forum searching.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
ODBC has been added to this afternoon's build. You can test it by dialing 222 and entering 12345.

Once you've verified it's working, you can install Travelin' Man 4 by skipping all the preinstall steps. Proceed directly to Installation.

To retrofit earlier releases of Incredible PBX for Ubuntu, here's the drill before Installation:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/odbc-ubuntu.tar.gz
tar zxvf odbc-ubuntu.tar.gz
./mysql-odbc
./mysql-sample
./odbc-gen.sh
amportal restart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.