PIONEERS Living the Ubuntu Dream

matt91

Reaction score
Step #1: Install Ubuntu 14.04 from mini ISO and choose Basic Ubuntu Server .....

So i don't recall exactly which PIAF version I run, but it's one of the ones prebuilt for Virtualbox, which I run on my Ubuntu 14.04 server.

I assume that if I want to be a pioneer and play with this version, I should spin up a new Ubuntu guest installation in Virtualbox, and run this from there. Right?

thanks
matt

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So i don't recall exactly which PIAF version I run, but it's one of the ones prebuilt for Virtualbox, which I run on my Ubuntu 14.04 server.

I assume that if I want to be a pioneer and play with this version, I should spin up a new Ubuntu guest installation in Virtualbox, and run this from there. Right?

Correct. Just follow the tutorial on page 1 of this thread to build a new Ubuntu 14 mini.iso virtual machine and go from there.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Works great for me here. Spun up as instructed on ESXi and it worked like a charm. Didn't time it, but it felt about as long as a standard PIAF install.
Edit: Any particular reason 172.16.0.0/12 was excluded from default IPTables permissions?

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I am hesitant to even say this because it's anecdotal at best, but just navigating around in PIAF on Ubuntu just seems snappier. It has an overall faster feel, no hesitation at all with menus, actions, etc. Have been out celebrating the 30th anniversary of my 16th birthday, so I am just now getting home and 0515 comes way early in the morning. I'll rebuild and get some trunks up with Flowroute and DID Logic tomorrow.

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
I ran it on a AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3600+, 1 cores and it took:

Have a great day!
real 36m49.054s
user 0m22.908s
sys 0m4.406s

You results may vary!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Symbolic link has been added to new installs to keep iptables lingo compatible with RedHat/CentOS/Scientific Linux builds. So now you can do service iptables restart to reload IPtables, and we'll have the error-correcting iptables-restart utility soon.

Code:
ln -s /etc/init.d/iptables-persistent /etc/init.d/iptables

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem rebooting? If I type reboot or shutdown -r from the CLI it just kind of hangs my VM and I have to do a reset via the console. This only happens after I install Incredible. It works as expected when just Ubuntu is installed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've seen the same problem. Wish I knew. I normally wait a minute and then kill the droplet. Everything seems to be stopped. It just never quite shuts down. Thus, a restart isn't possible either. I'm going to test manually shutting down Asterisk, Apache, and MySQL first and see if it helps. Something is obviously hanging.

Good news though. I've been able to reproduce the bug for all to see...
bug.gif

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Latest build now includes /root/add-ip and /root/del-acct to add and delete IP addresses from the IPtables WhiteList. FQDNs are not yet supported. More code to write to deal with failures before we can implement that.

james

Guru
Reaction score
Shutdown issues are typically due to bad sequence.

Foo uses bar. Bar cant be pulled before foo. When you try to yank foo before bar best case it blocks and you wait indefinitely. Worse case the server opens up a portal to haties and everyone gets sucked in. There may be ither things in between.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In preparation for the release of next Monday's Nerd Vittles article, we've reworked the IPtables stuff a bit and added new add-ip and del-acct scripts to manage whitelist entries. We've also turned on the Incredible PBX automatic update utility in the latest build. If anyone has problems with the new components, let us know.

Future updates will be pushed out through the automatic update utility so it's probably a good time to do a fresh install.

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that when you reboot it takes about 2 -3 min for services to come back up, it would not be good to have this happen in a production. I am running on a dedicated machine. You may not notice on VM.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.