livece

pipil

Reaction score
livecd

Hello there and let me tell you that I am so happy that you're going with this project,
I will suggest to also create a live cd in either configs are to be written in a usb memory stick or to be able to remaster the iso with all the configs one need to have for their own setup, let me tell you hat having a live cd with costumized settings it's a very handy thing,
I have my system setup at my home with 5 exts and 2 zap channels using 2 x100ps and 1 broadvoice trunk it's been running for 3 months now really well not a single error or mis behavior very glad with it, this kind of sttings could be used in various type of situations.
currently this is a live cd from adminsparadise very reliable asterisk project the bad thing is that i't prety tuff to remaster the iso so the customized setting disapear if the pc reboot..so this said, if you guys can do a custumizable iso will really be cool.. by the way, are you gonna use centos or ubuntu? ubuntu seems to be really the way to go for this kind of setup being the support it's really big.

thanks and good luck.

james

Guru
Reaction score
This would be awesome.. Why hasnt this been done by someone?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
We are using Centos as it is what we are most familiar with and it has a proven track record.

I have been considering the live cd approach but that will be a secondary project a little further down the road I suspect. I do agree that the live cd has merit however so it will be on the back burner.

darmock

pipil

Reaction score
We are using Centos as it is what we are most familiar with and it has a proven track record.

I have been considering the live cd approach but that will be a secondary project a little further down the road I suspect. I do agree that the live cd has merit however so it will be on the back burner.

darmock
Hello and thanks for the replies,
well, well no problem but consider doing a livecd even that is not on your plan rightway this will put your distro in a beter position than others specially when you want to test the system rightaway without doing a full installation.

thanks. and good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.