QUESTION Linking old cell phone with embedded asterisk for 911

rob-pbiaf

Reaction score
Has anyone used any of the asterisk modules for directly communicating with a cell phone, either via bluetooth or usb, to be able to dial out calls such as to 911 through the cell phone? I have in mind either in the case of an internet outage or for direct access through the US E911 system that even a no-service cell phone works for this function and VoIP providers are weak.

I am not running PIAF but rather embedded Asterisk within my Tomato router, currently v11.22. I don't have bluetooth hardware in the router and I understand this is not trivial. Perhaps a direct USB driver for any cell phone could work.

Reaction score
Makes little sense to run a constrained, possibly ancient version of Asterisk on a router. use an old pc or a Raspberry PI. I don't think you'll get a reply

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
FXO adapter to ethernet and
Cobra PhoneLynx Bluetooth Cell to Homephone Connection System - BT215

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.