ALERT Libsrtp in Install script for RHEL Family

Guillermo Peña

Reaction score
Hello Community.

Don't know if this is more an alert, a bug report or a question.

I need to know if this is something to be corrected in install script and/or is already solved
Asterisk/Freepbx for Centos/RHEL/ScientificLinux.

The install script around line 392 calls
Code:
wget http://srtp.sourceforge.net/srtp-1.4.2.tgz
tar zxvf srtp-1.4.2.tgz
cd srtp
./configure CFLAGS=-fPIC
make && make install
which certainly fails because two reasons:
  1. Repository has changed to github
  2. The oldest available version is 1.5.0
Earlier in line 214 the package libsrtp-devel is installed via yum
I guess this also install libsrtp-devel binary (because I can see it installed but can't see any other place in the script that makes a call to this library)
The binary installed is 1.4.4-10

Is this a minor error?
How much is neccesary librtp for the correct working of IncrediblePBX?
Is the binary installed via yum enough?
or installing from source wit the CFLAGS=-fPIC is a must for proper operation?

• If it's not neccesary would be ok to clean the script from that part?
  • If It's neccesary: How much is the working of IncrediblePBX tied to 1.4.x version of libsrtp or would be ok to point it to later 1.5.x or 2.x versions from github?
Background
As I stated in another thread. I'm working different approachs for an off-line installation of Incredible-pbx (I had a case where I had to install an IncrediblePBX server with no internet-connectivity)

Notice:
In my country internet access is less than reliable. (currently I'm a privileged owner of a WONDERFUL /sarcasm-off enterprise-grade 8mbps symetric internet connection and is the best I can get for the bang due to technical limitations of the ISP). So Installing IncrediblePBX may take more than 3 hours (luckily) from the script.

My first approach.

• Cloning a working system using MONDO/MINDI: kinda successfull. Not thoroughly tested, but JustWorks™. Have not tortured it yet but hasn't failed in the lab, calls come in, come out, extensions are created, amportal in general gives no errors.
My current approach is a "custom install" (if successfull probably will create a custom ISO)
Steps:
  1. Scientific Linux 7.3 64bit clean install
  2. Run IncrediblePbx Installer as directed in IncrediblePBX for Centos instructions
  3. Once it is fully installed and working all rpms are copied to some "packages" folder
  4. Copy all sources from /usr/src to another "src" folder
  5. Install another SL 7.3 64bit server.
  6. Manually copy packages and sources to the new server
  7. Separating the install script in download and install stages
    1. Avoid the download stage (commenting out every yum, wget, rpm command)
    2. Install Packages from local packages folder (calling a yum everything from "packages" folder)
    3. Make install from sources (leaving this part of the script unmodified) and let the install continue
Right now I'm on step 7.3 and found the problem above (i'm reading and nitpicking the whole script line-byline) and testing it in "chunks" on virtual machines

Thanks for your help and observations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.