SUGGESTIONS Let's Encrypt with Cerbot

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Ribeirao Preto - State of Sao Paulo - Brazil
Hi
I read the Blog post "VoIP Security: Installing SSL Certificates with Incredible PBX" and I install in first moment the http to my server IP after that I just follow the post and is all ok, working, but until now I'm not able to get the certificate because the FQDN that I have is in this domain dlinkddns.com and the information is that we only have a limit of 5 certificate in week for this domain.
In las january 4 I read a post from Let's Encrypt that has a kind of Certificate that the limit is 30.000 in a week, as I do not know what this means and also if is possible to change the actual instruction that is at the Blog I will put the link here and I hope that someone can see if is possible to change the propose.
Rates limits https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/.
Staging Environment:https://letsencrypt.org/docs/staging-environment/
Regards

Ps: As I'm new here I do not know if this is the right place to put this post, if is not please just move it to the right place. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
the limit is 30.000 in a week
FWIW I think you mean 30000 (because the "," is just a separator). As in the Staging Environment linked doc.:-

• The Certificates per Registered Domain limit is 30,000 per week.
  • The Duplicate Certificate limit is 30,000 per week.

I have not used letts encrypt but I believe the Staging Environment to be a special API to allow you to play with their non live system.

In case I mis understood you then :oops:

krzykat

Guru
Reaction score
FWIW I think you mean 30000 (because the "," is just a separator). As in the Staging Environment linked doc.:-

• The Certificates per Registered Domain limit is 30,000 per week.
  • The Duplicate Certificate limit is 30,000 per week.

I have not used letts encrypt but I believe the Staging Environment to be a special API to allow you to play with their non live system.

In case I mis understood you then :oops:
According to the site letsencrypt.org ... it's only 20 (not 20K) unless I'm reading it wrong :)
The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain, (20 per week).

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Ribeirao Preto - State of Sao Paulo - Brazil
Hi all,
First of all thank you very much for your time and answer.
But as I already say here I'm Brazilian and my english is not good so sometimes I made mistakes when I read things.
This is why I just wrote that I read an article and I also put the links.
And yes is 30000 the dot that I wrote is because here in Brazil we use it in this kind of number and for the decimals whe use comma (",").
I just read and what I understand is that has 2 kinds of Certificates. But if isn't I just apologies since I made a mistake.
Sorry.

markrmcs

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, you have a domain name through dlinkddns.com. I believe this will not work as you do not control this domain. I am fairly certain you need your own Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aigyu