GOOD NEWS Latest yum upgrade broke FreePBX

Devil

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got done doing a yum upgrade through webmin, and now I'm unable to access FreePBX (it gives me a blank page) and Voicemail & Recordings (it says: PHP PEAR must be installed. Visit http://pear.php.net for help with installation.)

I could try the pear part, but don't know how to get to FreePBX without breaking the system further.

Please help, thanks!

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
using yum breaks everything! The only recommended way is by using the update-source program Which helps correct some of yum problems like resetting permissions on various files and folders

run update-scripts then update-fixes which may fix things

This only applies to PIAF 1.2 and above. If you are running a box that started out life as a PIAF machine less than 1.2 you will have your work cut out for you I am afraid.

Tom

Devil

Reaction score
using yum breaks everything! The only recommended way is by using the update-source program Which helps correct some of yum problems like resetting permissions on various files and folders

run update-scripts then update-fixes which may fix things

This only applies to PIAF 1.2 and above. If you are running a box that started out life as a PIAF machine less than 1.2 you will have your work cut out for you I am afraid.

Tom

Great, that seemed to have fixed everything!
Thanks a lot good sir.

Devil

Reaction score
One question though, I seemed to have forgotten what version this is. How can I find out?

Devil

Reaction score
status command

Tom

Great, it says:

* PBX in a Flash Version 1.2 Daemon Status *
* Running Asterisk 1.4 *

I guess I'm running 1.2. :)
Thanks, Tom.

drdrew

Guru
Reaction score
Some feedback - I ran update-source, update-programs and update-fixes on PIAF Green with FPB 2.11 and it works perfectly. I am now on Asterisk 11.5 with no issues (so far).

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Some feedback - I ran update-source, update-programs and update-fixes on PIAF Green with FPB 2.11 and it works perfectly. I am now on Asterisk 11.5 with no issues (so far).

Damn a new record this thread is 5 years old! And for PIAF 1.2! Thanks for the report however

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.