SOLVED IVR NOT WORKING WITH LAN LINES

rasco

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my IVR stop working.

I currently have 3 option for my IVR 1 for sales 2 for support 3 billing

if i dial from a voip number it works fine.

but if i dial from a home or cell i get message did not get a respond good bye!

can someone please help me.

thanks,

rasco

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Need a little more detail on your set-up. It sounds like your system does not recognize the DTMF keypresses. Are you running only SIP trunks or do you have some kind of PSTN connection (line card - FXO)?

What do you have dtmfmode set for? Normally, it's set for rfc2833, but can be set to inband or info.

Have a look here: https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-sip-dtmfmode/

Someone else is sure to chime in on this.

rasco

Reaction score
Hi Randy

[OUTGOING]
On my truck i have this:
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=voip.xxx.xxxx
host=voip.xxx.xxx
insecure=port,invite
secret=xxxx
type=peer
defaultuser=xxxxxxxxxx
disallow=all
allow=ulaw&g729

[INCOMING]
username=XXXX
type=friend
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=XXXXX
qualify=no
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=XXXXXXX
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=nonat
disallow=all
allow=ulaw&g729&g722&gsm

i have only sip extensions.

rasco

Reaction score
Randy , can this be maybe and issue with my Router? can the the DTMFMODE be block ?
i had a old backup of this main server incredible pbx and it does the same thing. so i am not sure if is something to do with my Router!
this only happens on normal Lan lins on VOIP numbers they work fine!
very weird

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I think it is a typo -- he means land lines (e.g. Old POTS services).

No help from me here as it sounds like an either one-way audio issue (don't think so though) or the PSTN incoming trunk is not set correctly. I can offer nothing here though. Good Luck

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Randy , can this be maybe and issue with my Router? can the the DTMFMODE be block ?
i had a old backup of this main server incredible pbx and it does the same thing. so i am not sure if is something to do with my Router!
this only happens on normal Lan lins on VOIP numbers they work fine!
very weird

While it's unlikely your router, you might check and see if it has SIP ALC (going from memory) enabled and turn that piece off. That has been a source of grief for folks in the past, if I remember correctly.

I ran into something similar to your issue, years ago, with a purely SIP trunk and calls coming in from PSTN numbers. I believe we had to change the dtmfmode to info. You have dtmfmode=auto in your [INCOMING] settings. Try changing that to rfc2833.

I don't have access to my system, right now. I'll try to remember to have a look once I'm back at the home office to see what I have set. I'm reasonably certain it's rfc2833.

rasco

Reaction score
While it's unlikely your router, you might check and see if it has SIP ALC (going from memory) enabled and turn that piece off. That has been a source of grief for folks in the past, if I remember correctly.

I ran into something similar to your issue, years ago, with a purely SIP trunk and calls coming in from PSTN numbers. I believe we had to change the dtmfmode to info. You have dtmfmode=auto in your [INCOMING] settings. Try changing that to rfc2833.

I don't have access to my system, right now. I'll try to remember to have a look once I'm back at the home office to see what I have set. I'm reasonably certain it's rfc2833.

I have set dtmfmode=rfc2833 and still nothing ! i am out of ideas

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
1. Are you saying only calls from a LAND line to your SIP trunk are experiencing DTMF issues?
or
2. Do you have a POTS gateway that connects a land line to your PBX

If 1, and your cell and other VOIP phones work, call your carrier. Identify the calls with a problem to them and tell them DTMF from the carrier for that call is not working, but all other carriers are fine. They may have a mismatch in their cross connect to the carrier.

If 2.

Then you probably need to make sure the gateway or card have the same dtmf settings as your trunk.

rasco

Reaction score
1. Are you saying only calls from a LAND line to your SIP trunk are experiencing DTMF issues?
or
2. Do you have a POTS gateway that connects a land line to your PBX

If 1, and your cell and other VOIP phones work, call your carrier. Identify the calls with a problem to them and tell them DTMF from the carrier for that call is not working, but all other carriers are fine. They may have a mismatch in their cross connect to the carrier.

If 2.

Then you probably need to make sure the gateway or card have the same dtmf settings as your trunk.
Thanks ATSAK for your reply
1. Land Line and cell number yes DTMF tones issues , when someone press option 1 or option 2 to redirect it don't work but if i use my zoiper apjp software to place a call and press option 1,2 works.

when you mentiong call your carrier you mean the trunk provider in this case ( freephoneline.ca) would they be the people i should contact
or
do you mean my internet provider ? maybe there router or mode is not receiving proper DTMF tones?

thanks apreciate your help

rasco

Reaction score
Update

i connected my incredible pbx to another internet provider and it works fine.

this makes me think is my internet provider modem/router that is not accepting DTMF tones i will give them a all too see what they can do.

rasco

Reaction score
Guys never mind , it did not work i still continue to have the same issue...
not sure what is happening

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Update

i connected my incredible pbx to another internet provider and it works fine.

this makes me think is my internet provider modem/router that is not accepting DTMF tones i will give them a all too see what they can do.

OK that clarifies. So the issue is that your modem / router probably has SIP ALG enabled on it. Instead you probably just want to forward udp port 10000 - 20000 from ANY to your PBX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.