GOOD NEWS It's Soup! PIAF 2.0.6.4.4 + VM

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
piaf20642.gif

It's finally here. PIAF 2.0.6.4.4 is now available for download from SourceForge. Includes new zero day vulnerability patch for Linux kernel. And there's a new PIAF-Green Virtual Machine for VirtualBox plus a new PIAF-Green OpenVZ template plus a Nerd Vittles tutorial to go with it. Enjoy!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
lgaetz: The parts we don't get about the keyboard bug are (1) you never see it during the initial CentOS install phase, (2) you only see it on some servers ever, and (3) you never see it if, during Phase 2 of the install, you drop to the command prompt, log in, and restart the install with piafdl. We've got a shiny Raspberry Pi for anyone that can solve the puzzle. :eek:

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
The previous suspect which was readahead rpm is now removed during phase 1. Upstream both Centos and Red Hat know about this bug however there is no solution as of yet. Because it is an inconsistently irregularity it is difficult to track down and patch. I know in the lab I have only ever seen it twice on 2 different hardware platforms and then could not duplicate it on the same machines. Pain in the a** There has to be something that is not set until you log in the first time however it is what it is.

I am so over it. However we wont be dropping Centos because of this bug. I remember when it first reared its ugly head and everyone (read the few that it affected) wanted us to dump Centos and go to another linux variant.

sigh

Tom

On another note 20644 has been a long road. There are numerous fixes and patches included and we punched down the bug list over the last few weeks. That being said there may be some bumps in the road due to the new mirror system so please report any oddities (except the keyboard bug) in this thread so we can get it fixed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Maybe that's the interim solution... just force a login as root after the first reboot. :aureola:

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I can reliably recreate the keyboard issue when I use an IOGear KVM, regardless of hardware, and that same hardware does not have a problem if I do a direct monitor and keyboard. So I have no idea what that means ,but it's at least a pattern.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Pretty much what I thought. No solutions as of yet.

Tom

murphy1969

Reaction score
Following errors found in log files. Are these serious or can be ignored.

Install of Asterisk-perl complete!
<<>> Modifying services
error reading information on service avahi-daemon: No such file or directory
error reading information on service ppoe-server: No such file or directory

<<>> Installing and enabling Music on hold
cp: cannot stat `/var/pbx_load/mohfix.tar.gz': No such file or directory
Untarring mohfix.tar.gz file
tar (child): mohfix.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

You might need to modify /etc/asterisk/vm_email.inc manually
Adjusting File Permissions..

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
Permissions OK
Done
done with apply_conf.sh
creating missing #include files..sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/meetme_additional.conf
sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/musiconhold_custom.conf
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/musiconhold_additional.conf
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/queues_general_additional.conf
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/queues_custom_general.conf
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/queues_custom.conf
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/queues_additional.conf
Error code 1: trying to create empty file /etc/asterisk/queues_post_custom.conf
OK

Performing some more configuration requirements
<<D>> CONFIGURING DAHDI_CFG -vvvvv -s -f -d5
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.6.2
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/dahdi/system.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/dahdi/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

I have still gone ahead and run the incrediblepbx11 script.

• notify_error.png
    Symlink from modules failed

notify_delete.png

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
    /etc/asterisk/logger.conf from core/etc (Already exists, linked to something else)
    This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
    Added 40 minutes ago
    (retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)
This error after module admin update. Tried to reboot and still this error exist.
  • notify_error.png
    Could not reload FOP server

notify_delete.png

Could not reload the FOP operator panel server using killall -HUP op_server.pl. Configuration changes may not be reflected in the panel display. If the FOP module was just installed you may have to retart Asterisk with the "amportal restart" command for the FOP server to run.
    Added 6 minutes ago
    (freepbx.reload_fop)

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
the ISO stuff can be safely ignored. still cleaning up old code that is no longer required for 11. The sudo thingy needs to be removed however all is well with those errors. dahdi error is ok as it gets cleaned up later. The incredible stuff is Wards baby

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you get symlink errors, rename the offending files and then restart Asterisk: amportal restart

compuguy1088

Reaction score
The previous suspect which was readahead rpm is now removed during phase 1. Upstream both Centos and Red Hat know about this bug however there is no solution as of yet. Because it is an inconsistently irregularity it is difficult to track down and patch. I know in the lab I have only ever seen it twice on 2 different hardware platforms and then could not duplicate it on the same machines. Pain in the a** There has to be something that is not set until you log in the first time however it is what it is.

I am so over it. However we wont be dropping Centos because of this bug. I remember when it first reared its ugly head and everyone (read the few that it affected) wanted us to dump Centos and go to another linux variant.

sigh

Tom

On another note 20644 has been a long road. There are numerous fixes and patches included and we punched down the bug list over the last few weeks. That being said there may be some bumps in the road due to the new mirror system so please report any oddities (except the keyboard bug) in this thread so we can get it fixed.

I can confirm that the keyboard bug is repeatable if you install in on a KVM virtualized machine. Did an install twice and the issue still occurs. Not a big deal though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.