GOOD NEWS It's Soup: Incredible PBX Issabel

kcallis

Reaction score
I am using HiFormance and thought I would give Issabel a try. I do like the fact that although not like Vultr with being able to bring an ISO in play, I am able to re-image with about 20 different images. So I spin up CentOS 7 and using the forum information, I start the wget to install the net-image. After 20 minutes or so, after the re-boot, I do the wget to get Issabel again (?!?) and the process starts to do another update (even to the point of asking me to create a passwOrd to the database.

I am now excited because I now I get to install via wget, the incrediblepbx script and my hopes are dashed because I get the message:

[root@unixjedi ~]# ./IncrediblePBX11-Issabel4.sh
Incredible PBX installer requires the Issabel 4 (July) ISO platform.

Is there something that I did incorrectly?

kcallis

Reaction score
I did the wget per the instructions:

# cd /root
# yum -y install wget
# wget -O - http://repo.issabel.org/issabel4-netinstall.sh | bas
h

After all of the downloads, I then follow-up with the following:

# cd /root
# wget http://incrediblepbx.com/IncrediblePBX11-Issabel4.sh
# chmod +x IncrediblePBX11-Issabel4.sh
# ./IncrediblePBX11-Issabel4.sh

The response I get is:

Incredible PBX installer requires the Issabel 4 (July) ISO platform.

I installed the CentOS 7 minimal image and checking

[root@unixjedi ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)

The question is, does the script not work because of the later CentOS version? Or is the wget pulling the current version of Issabel? So far, I am banging my head into wall!

kcallis

Reaction score
The message above message shows to message was posted only a couple of minutes ago. Actually, I was working on the message for many hours and finally when I came up with a solution I post the above message. Of course, now I feel compelled to post my seeming solution.

I looked at the IncrediblePBX11-Issabel4.sh, and noticed that the script was looking for anything besides "/usr/share/issabel/module_installer/issabel-system-4.0.0-1". When I first installed Issabel, I checked and saw that the directory issabel-system-4.0.0-6 was installed. As a passing thought, I renamed the directory issabel-system-4.0.0-2 and fired up IncrediblePBX11-Issabel4.sh and to my surprise, it fired up and did what it was suppose to do.

I have not attempted to configure set, but for the time being things seem to be working. I noticed that OAUTH2 for google voice was not available, but at least the option to get GV working is available.

Last edited:

kcallis

Reaction score
I am trying to understand what is the benefit in running Issabel vs Incredible PBX under CentOS 6.9? It has been a long time since I have played PBX and now I am trying this in the cloud (although I will state that I was underwhelmed by Woothosting, and starting to wonder about HiPermance as well). When I tried my hand with IncredPBX, for the most part it seemed to work just fine. Then I was curious to try out Issabel and Wazo (and since I had the ability to spin up CentOS and Debian on a whim), and actually forgot what made me move away from just a simple Incredible PBX deployment.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm slightly biased, but it's nice to have lots of choices finally.

And another one is coming on Monday, 3/26, for VitalPBX. :chef:

You can take Incredible PBX for VitalPBX on a test drive by dialing the IVR: 1-843-606-0555. Then choose from the following options:

• 0. Chat with Operator — connects to extension 701
  • 1. AsteriDex Voice Dialer – say "Delta Airlines" or "American Airlines" to connect
  • 2. Conferencing – log in using 1234 as the conference PIN
  • 3. Wolfram Alpha Almanac – say "What planes are flying overhead"
  • 4. Lenny – The Telemarketer’s Worst Nightmare
  • 5. Today’s News Headlines — courtesy of Yahoo! News
  • 6. Weather by ZIP Code – enter any 5-digit ZIP code for today’s weather
  • 7. Today in History — courtesy of OnThisDay.com
  • 8. Chat with Nerd Uno — courtesy of SIP URI connection to 3CX iPhone Client
  • 9. US/CAN Voice Dialer — say any 10-digit number to be connected
  • *. Current Date and Time — courtesy of VitalPBX

kcallis

Reaction score
I'm slightly biased, but it's nice to have lots of choices finally.

And another one is coming on Monday, 3/26, for VitalPBX. :chef:

You can take Incredible PBX for VitalPBX on a test drive by dialing the IVR: 1-843-606-0555. Then choose from the following options:

• 0. Chat with Operator — connects to extension 701
  • 1. AsteriDex Voice Dialer – say "Delta Airlines" or "American Airlines" to connect
  • 2. Conferencing – log in using 1234 as the conference PIN
  • 3. Wolfram Alpha Almanac – say "What planes are flying overhead"
  • 4. Lenny – The Telemarketer’s Worst Nightmare
  • 5. Today’s News Headlines — courtesy of Yahoo! News
  • 6. Weather by ZIP Code – enter any 5-digit ZIP code for today’s weather
  • 7. Today in History — courtesy of OnThisDay.com
  • 8. Chat with Nerd Uno — courtesy of SIP URI connection to 3CX iPhone Client
  • 9. US/CAN Voice Dialer — say any 10-digit number to be connected
  • *. Current Date and Time — courtesy of VitalPBX
Is there any way to load VitalPBX onto an OpenVZ host (the same way I was able to get Issabel installed), or would I have to do the install on a provider like Vultr?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Is there any way to load VitalPBX onto an OpenVZ host (the same way I was able to get Issabel installed), or would I have to do the install on a provider like Vultr?

Doesn't load on OpenVZ containers. Seems to be a problem with their implementation of Fail2Ban. Works fine on Vultr or Digital Ocean. Two free months on D.O. with our referral code. Give it a try.

kcallis

Reaction score
Doesn't load on OpenVZ containers. Seems to be a problem with their implementation of Fail2Ban. Works fine on Vultr or Digital Ocean. Two free months on D.O. with our referral code. Give it a try.

Unfortunately, I am limited to the two cloud providers that I have (Woothosting and HIFormance. So maybe it would be best if I just pull down Incredible PBX and call it a day. I get so caught up with the bells and whistles, that really all I want to do is get a service going to see the viability of cloud PBX.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am limited to the two cloud providers that I have (Woothosting and HIFormance. So maybe it would be best if I just pull down Incredible PBX and call it a day. I get so caught up with the bells and whistles, that really all I want to do is get a service going to see the viability of cloud PBX.

Suggestions: Dump WootHosting. Go with HiFormance and load Incredible PBX 13-13 Whole Enchilada using CentOS 6.9.

kcallis

Reaction score
Thanks @wardmundy for the suggestion! As for your suggestion about Woothosting, I am 100% with you on that one. I think that I signed up for Woothosting following a NV posting by you. After signing up, the first issue that I had was the host was suppose to be imaged with CentOS 6 (this was according to their promise). When I logged in, the first thing I noticed was that I was running on CentOS 5.4. So a week of going back and forth with their non existent support and I was supposed to be re-imaged with at least CentOS 6 (and I requested 6.9). Despite what they may had said, I was still rocking CentOS 5.4. This required a couple of more days and finally I was at CentOS 6.8.

The next issue that I had was ssh access was hit and miss. Again dance with support and still some days I am able to ssh into the host with no problem, and other days, not so much. I finally was able to load IncredPBX, and like the ssh, some time I could get to the web interface, other times I was just kicking myself. The latest message from the Support Team is that I needed to talk to my ISP, because of the "Great Firewall of China" and the way the routing that my ISP (AT&T) was using. I did show that the traceoute would not support their response, but what do I know!

So I am going HiFormance a shot and see how that works. I do at least like the fact that I am able to blow away an image and spin up a new image in about 10 minutes or so.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
WootHosting was great for about a week, and their pricing was terrific. But, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. And WootHosting quickly turned to :001 9898:.

kcallis

Reaction score
WootHosting was great for about a week, and their pricing was terrific. But, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. And WootHosting quickly turned to :001 9898:.

I know that this is off-topic, but I noticed that HiFormance has a image called:

CentOS 6 (64Bit) Incredible PBX 13-13 (NerdVittles)
Exclusive Incredible PBX 13-13 Complete Install by NerdVittles.

I was disappointed to see that when one loads the image, it more or less hangs. Either they get an image that works or remove it from their offerings. The issue that I did have was that using the standard CentOS 6 (64-bit) Minimal, I was able to install the Incrediblepbx.sh, but as soon as I installed the enchilada-upgrade, I was no longer able to access the host neither through ssh or https. I am going to assume that knockd does not work through a virtual host and obviously I must have not did an add-ip or add-fqdn to get square away my access. Well, 6th time is the charm!

kcallis

Reaction score
Incidentally, does the Incredible PBX have any issue if one uses CentOS 6.8 as opposed to 6.9?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I know that this is off-topic, but I noticed that HiFormance has a image called:

CentOS 6 (64Bit) Incredible PBX 13-13 (NerdVittles)
Exclusive Incredible PBX 13-13 Complete Install by NerdVittles.

I was disappointed to see that when one loads the image, it more or less hangs. Either they get an image that works or remove it from their offerings. The issue that I did have was that using the standard CentOS 6 (64-bit) Minimal, I was able to install the Incrediblepbx.sh, but as soon as I installed the enchilada-upgrade, I was no longer able to access the host neither through ssh or https. I am going to assume that knockd does not work through a virtual host and obviously I must have not did an add-ip or add-fqdn to get square away my access. Well, 6th time is the charm!

Yeah. They're still wrestling with the custom ISO. As you discovered, it doesn't work.

kcallis

Reaction score
Rather than me pollute this thread, should I be on PIAF5 or PIAF3 so that I can pose questions like why the hell I keep getting myself locked out of the hosts... Meaning that obviously, I have no idea how to setup Travelin' Man 4 so I can keep access to my host. I believe that at the very least, I am suppose to do a /root/add-ip <name> <ip address> and do a /root/add-fqdn <dyndns hostname> so that I can get back the web interface and be able to ssh to my host. Again, I believe that I am not able to make use of knockd...

Jegavelan Sargunan

Reaction score
I have the same issue I downloaded the latest ISO from Isssabel and followed the instruction for google voice I am getting blank page
google_voice.jpg

Del Mori

Reaction score
Please help!!!! I cant access my Issabel GUI using IP but i can ping Issabel vice versa on my PC.
I've installed Issabel 4.

Thanks a lot!

Help! Help! :(:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.