lbergey

Reaction score
Incredible PBX 13-12.5 for Raspberry Pi 3
Raspbian (Jessie)
Asterisk 13.7.2 + Incredible GUI 12.0.39

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Please post results of running status or pbx-status so we can track down the problem. That is not a context we include.
It was and still appears to be in the Pi Jessie image. I commented out the whole block very early on, moved on and forgot about it until seeing this. It looked questionable, but I assumed it was there to support something I wasn't using.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Upon further investigation, this code looks to be a holdover from the old asterisk-gui days. We'll push out a patch tomorrow. Thanks to everybody for the heads up.

lbergey

Reaction score
Is the entire [from-internal] being removed from _custom?

lbergey

Reaction score
It looks like we still have an issue with Ring Groups not going to Voicemail

lbergey

Reaction score
I deleted the Ring Group and added it back in and now everything seems to be working.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Is the entire [from-internal] being removed from _custom?
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where this came from and now I remember. This was a context added in the Asterisk-GUI days to make faxing and many other Asterisk applications "work like" FreePBX without having to modify the code in all of those apps. My comment that "this is not a context we include" was a little sloppy language. What I should have said is "this is not the sort of context name we would typically dream up."

There is nothing per se wrong with the context especially on the Asterisk-GUI platform where it was needed and didn't conflict with anything. The problem is in the name of the context when used on FreePBX-based platforms because that name conflicts with a FreePBX-reserved context. It was intended to mimic FreePBX functionality on which the faxing apps and many other Asterisk apps depended. The context can and should be deleted on FreePBX-based platforms:

Code:
sed -i '\:// BEGIN from internal:,\:// END from internal:d' /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf
asterisk -rx "dialplan reload"
Just to repeat, we will push out this fix through the Automatic Update Utility but it won't break anything if you delete it yourself.

Last edited:

lbergey

Reaction score
Thanks for your follow up. When looking at it I was pretty certain that I could just remove it, but I thought I would ask.

BCBrett

Reaction score
And here I thought I forgot to do something and just didn't set it all up right. I was racking my brain and searching for solutions when I came across this. Thanks all for figuring this out and getting a patch out. I'll reboot the Pi3 tomorrow and make sure I get the voicemail running. :rockon:

BCBrett

Reaction score
OK guys, thought the update would have this licked but apparently not. Here's what's happening, I have a Pi 3 with the incredible pbx 13 raspbian 8 image flashed onto it. everything installed fine, then I transfered all my settings over from my current Pi1 manually. The basic setup is 2 sip trunks with a number of DiD's they all have incoming routes that direct them to 1 of 2 ring groups that ring 4 of our 5 extensions. After 26 seconds the ring groups pass off the call to a busy voicemail at on one of the extensions. The problem I am running into is instead of the caller hearing "we are sorry blah blah.." they get "comedian mail....Mailbox" of course the people calling don't know the extension they want, 98% of calls are answered during business hours, half the users don't know their own extension. The goal is to hear the voicemail greeting, which has been set up for that destination instead of the comedian mail greeting.

To Solve this I have: run the update that Nerd Uno put out, still had the problem
rebooted the pi just in case, still had the problem
deleted and re-added my ring groups, pointed the incoming routes at the new ones, reloaded, still had problem
rebooted pi, still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help, every one in the states enjoy your long weekend!
BCBrett

billsimon

Experienced in Asterisk, FreePBX, and SIP
Reaction score
That means that the call is being directed to the VoicemailMain() application rather than Voicemail(). Are you sure you aren't mistakenly directing the call to the Feature Code - Dial Voicemail target instead of Voicemail - Extension ###?

BCBrett

Reaction score
Ok, so I just ran a double check as best I can to verify. I checked the incoming side of things looking for a timeout that is possibly hitting before my ring group does and didn't see anything there. I verified that the ring group "Destination if no answer" is Voicemail - <740> "BCBrett" (busy). I am not sure where to check to see if the setting is actually being written to the proper place, but any guidance I can get on a next step, I'll give it a go.
Thanks,
BCBrett

BCBrett

Reaction score
So still stuck with the "comedian mail....mailbox.." prompt instead of having a ring group being directed to a specific mailbox and message. I went to Advanced settings -> dial plan and operational -> ringtime default and changed it from 15 to 30 seconds, the ring groups time out at 26. reloaded and rebooted the Pi, same problem. I peeked in on asterisk while my call is getting sent to voicemail, and there's some stuff that doesn't look right, heck if I know how to fix it though. Here is the code I grabbed.
Code:
    -- SIP/730-0000002c is ringing
    -- SIP/720-0000002b is ringing
    -- SIP/740-0000002d is ringing
    -- SIP/710-0000002a is ringing
    -- Got SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from 192.168.xxx.xxx:5062
    -- Now forwarding SIP/Voipms-00000029 to 'Local/*[email protected]' (thanks to SIP/730-0000002c)
[2016-05-27 14:54:40] NOTICE[14235][C-0000000d]: app_dial.c:904 do_forward: Not accepting call completion offers from ca          ll-forward recipient Local/*[email protected];1
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:1] Answer("Local/*[email protected]002;2", "") in new stack
    -- Local/*[email protected];1 answered SIP/Voipms-00000029
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "__MACRO_RESULT=") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:2] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "CFIGNORE=") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:3] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "MASTER_CHANNEL(CFIGNORE)=") in new st          ack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:4] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "FORWARD_CONTEXT=from-internal") in ne          w stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:5] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "MASTER_CHANNEL(FORWARD_CONTEXT)=from-          internal") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:6] Macro("Local/*[email protected];1", "blkvm-clr,") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "SHARED(BLKVM,SIP/Voipms-00000029)=") i          n new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:2] Set("Local/*[email protected];1", "GOSUB_RETVAL=") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:3] MacroExit("Local/*[email protected];1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:7] ExecIf("Local/*[email protected];1", "0?Set(MASTER_CHANNEL(CONNECTEDLINE          (num))=)") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:8] ExecIf("Local/*[email protected];1", "0?Set(MASTER_CHANNEL(CONNECTEDLINE          (name))=)") in new stack
    -- Channel Local/*[email protected];1 joined 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <f7fa814d-ce47-4bcc-bc29-1e4b55056          836>
    -- Channel SIP/Voipms-00000029 joined 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <f7fa814d-ce47-4bcc-bc29-1e4b55056425>
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:2] Wait("Local/*[email protected];2", "1") in new stack
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:3] Macro("Local/*[email protected];2", "user-callerid,") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "TOUCH_MONITOR=1464386080.328") in           new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:2] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "AMPUSER=714xxxxxxx") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:3] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "0?report") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:4] ExecIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "1?Set(REALCALLERIDNUM=714xxxxxxx          1)") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:5] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "AMPUSER=") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:6] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "0?limit") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:7] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "AMPUSERCIDNAME=") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:8] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "1?report") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-user-callerid,s,15)
    -- Executing [[email protected]:15] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "0?continue") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:16] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "__TTL=63") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:17] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "1?continue") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-user-callerid,s,28)
    -- Executing [[email protected]:28] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "CALLERID(number)=714xxxxxxx") in           new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:29] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "CALLERID(name)=Bretts Cell") in n          ew stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:30] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "CDR(cnum)=714xxxxxxx") in new sta          ck
    -- Executing [[email protected]:31] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "CDR(cnam)=Bretts Cell") in new st          ack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:32] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "CHANNEL(language)=en") in new sta          ck
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:4] Macro("Local/*[email protected];2", "get-vmcontext,") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "VMCONTEXT=") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:2] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "1?200:300") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-get-vmcontext,s,200)
    -- Executing [[email protected]:200] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "VMCONTEXT=default") in new stack
[2016-05-27 14:54:42] ERROR[14249][C-0000000d]: app_voicemail.c:12388 acf_vm_info: VM_INFO requires an argument (<mailbo          x>[@<context>],attribute[,folder])
[2016-05-27 14:54:42] WARNING[14249][C-0000000d]: func_logic.c:192 acf_if: Syntax IF(<expr>?[<true>][:<false>])  (expr m          ust be non-null, and either <true> or <false> must be non-null)
[2016-05-27 14:54:42] WARNING[14249][C-0000000d]: func_logic.c:193 acf_if:       In this case, <expr>='', <true>='SUCCES          S', and <false>='FAILED'
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:5] Set("Local/*[email protected];2", "VMBOXEXISTSSTATUS=") in new stack
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:6] GotoIf("Local/*[email protected];2", "0?mbexist") in new stack
    -- Executing [*[email protected]:7] VoiceMailMain("Local/*[email protected];2", "") in new stack
[2016-05-27 14:54:43] WARNING[14249][C-0000000d]: res_adsi.c:252 __adsi_transmit_messages: Unable to send CAS
    -- <Local/*[email protected];2> Playing 'vm-login.gsm' (language 'en')
       > 0x6ecf9978 -- Probation passed - setting RTP source address to 96.44.149.202:15418
    -- Channel SIP/Voipms-00000029 left 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <f7fa814d-ce47-4bcc-bc29-1e4b55056836>
    -- Channel Local/*[email protected];1 left 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <f7fa814d-ce47-4bcc-bc29-1e4b5505683          6>
[2016-05-27 14:54:49] WARNING[14249][C-0000000d]: app_voicemail.c:10903 vm_authenticate: Couldn't read username
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Hangup("Local/*[email protected];2", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (from-internal, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'Local/*[email protected];2'
  == Spawn extension (macro-dial, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'SIP/Voipms-00000029' in macro 'dial'
  == Spawn extension (ext-group, 602, 11) exited non-zero on 'SIP/Voipms-00000029'
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Macro("SIP/Voipms-00000029", "hangupcall,") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] GotoIf("SIP/Voipms-00000029", "1?theend") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,3)
    -- Executing [[email protected]:3] Hangup("SIP/Voipms-00000029", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/Voipms-00000029' in macro 'hangupcall'
  == Spawn extension (ext-group, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/Voipms-00000029'

billsimon

Experienced in Asterisk, FreePBX, and SIP
Reaction score
It means extension 730 has set a call forward on the phone to *97

Reactions: BCBrett

BCBrett

Reaction score
@billsimon, you called it. In looking at what I copied and pasted it makes complete sense now that you told me what the problem was. As usual I was barking up the completely wrong tree. That extension is the only grandstream phone we have, works well enough but the firmware is kind of funky, and I must have gone in and messed something up, it was set to timeout the incoming call after 20 seconds, which apparently means it shoots the call off to voicemail, and therefor the whole ring group as well. All fixed now, thanks so much for your help.
Now on to the next issue
BCBrett :)

Members online

No members online now.

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gatoambroggio