TRY THIS Issue With Incredible PBX 13-13.10 on RPI 3B+

ByerRA

Reaction score
I've been running Incredible PBX 13-13.10 on RPI 3B+ for about 4 months now without issues and LOVE it.

But...

In the past month I've been having some issues that appear to be getting worse.

In the last month or so all of a sudden it just "locks up" and I have to reboot the RPI. At first it was just once a week, then it was once every few days and now it's like every day or more.
(in some cases the web interface is up and running and I can get in and all looks good, trunks are up, but no calls are being routed in our out)

Then just in the past week calls have been disconnecting. Sometimes I'll be five minutes into a call and it just drops, I call back and then a minute into the call it drops. Usually by the third or forth re-call it stays connected.
(It doesn't matter which extension I'm using, all are doing the same thing and Skyetel my provider shows all is well on their end.)

Nothing on my end network wise has changed and I'm on a steady 1G fiber link and I've done everything I can think of to make sure it's not the network.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Is there any additional logging I need to turn on/check to help diagnose this isssue?

I appreciate any help on this as it's getting to the point where I can't use it at all.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We add a reboot script and run it nightly in /etc/crontab.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
We don't reboot routinely, but do have a nightly cron job that shuts most everything down, rsyncs to a backup image, then starts everything back up. That might be enough of a reset to clear the pipes.

For about 5 minutes around 2am no calls can come in. Never been an issue for our use cases. I'd have to check to be sure, but I don't think we've ever had a failed call alert during the maintenance window. All are a 9-5 type locations.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've seen this on a few Raspberry Pi's, and I just got tired of wrestling with it. We've been rebooting nightly for almost 3 years now. About time for a new microSD card. :shuriken:

ByerRA

Reaction score
I've seen this on a few Raspberry Pi's, and I just got tired of wrestling with it. We've been rebooting nightly for almost 3 years now. About time for a new microSD card. :shuriken:

Thanks,

I was thinking of doing a crontab nightly reboot and will just go that route as I don't think it's the SD card as I have moved the root fs over onto an external USB drive.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.