TIPS Issue with CentOS 6.9 (64-bit) for IncrediblePBX install critical error retrieve_conf

Brian Little

Reaction score
Thanks for the previous advice. I finished the rest of the install and got a critical error showing up in the System Overview of the Incredible PBX status of the gui. The error message is

retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

When I look at the freepbx log file I see things like

[2017-Apr-07 15:15:58] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/digium_phones/classes/digium_phones.php:2040) - Undefined index: sip_dscp
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:58] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/digium_phones/classes/digium_phones.php:2043) - Undefined index: rtp_dscp
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:58] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/digium_phones/functions.inc.php:44) - Undefined variable: amp_conf
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:58] [FATAL] (libraries/utility.functions.php:470) - retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:59] [CRITICAL] (BMO/Notifications.class.php:490) - [NOTIFICATION]-[freepbx]-[RCONFFAIL] - retrieve_conf failed, config not applied (Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1)
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:59] [INFO] (bin/module_admin:27) - Error(s) have occured, the following is the retrieve_conf output:
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:59] [INFO] (bin/module_admin:30) - exit: 1
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:59] [INFO] (bin/module_admin:30) - found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:59] [INFO] (bin/module_admin:30) - found language dir es for speeddial, not installed on system, skipping
[2017-Apr-07 15:15:59] [INFO] (bin/module_admin:30) - [FATAL] retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE

To me it looks like some of the module are not loading properly but when I look at Module Admin page things look alright, but maybe I don't understand what I'm seeing and it's something else entirely. Anybody know what the issue might be?

BTW, asterisk is definitely installed and running.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Are you able to apply config and reload FreePBX successfully?

Brian Little

Reaction score
Are you able to apply config and reload FreePBX successfully?
After I posted, I rebooted and the message appeared again. I didn't do any configuration on the gui because I wanted to get the error solved first. I just added an extension and was able to apply config and looked at the extension again in the gui and it looked fine. When I looked back at the Incredible PBX status the error message was gone. The FATAL error message showed up again in the freepbx.log after the reboot, but like I said the message is gone from the Incredible PBX status page. Any idea why there is the discrepancy or if they can be safely ignored when they show up in freepbx.log?

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
In my experience, the error has never shown up for me. If you can reload FPBX without running into that error (it's happened on broken installs of Sangoma's versions) you should be fine.

Brian Little

Reaction score
Alright, I'll go ahead with the configuration and find out if it can be safely ignored. If I find out either way I'll post it here. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.