NEED MORE INFO ISP - Firewall - PBX box = Registration?!?!

Dejan

Reaction score
Right now. In my home network there is an ISP router with built-in WIFI (ATT 2WIRE) which has IP address 192.168.0.1 - firewall - PBX box.
Now I have a static IP address 12.34.54.78 which through the ISP router I directly carry it to the WAN firewall (without a firewall limit and without NAT). LAN on a firewall with address 192.168.1.1-254. Here I have set Firewall Rules - Port Forwarding:
5060-5070 to destination 192.168.1.100 (PBX Box IP)
and
10000-20000 to destination 192.168.1.100 (PBX Box IP).

When I am connected via WIFI Zoiper is registered on the PBX box, but when I turn off the WIFI on my phone then I can not register on the PBX box.

I use my static IP address as a connection address.

HELP how to do from outside ???

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I am betting you won't be able to HTTP to your server from your phone either. Your issue is going to be firewall related. There are a few different ways to solve this, but the bottom line is that you need to be able to get access to your PBX Server from the outside. The first thing I'd do to verify that all is working well with this exception of the firewall is to disable it. Do a "service iptables stop" - then try to connect. If it works, your routing is fine, then "service iptables start". To properly connect from an outside location, it really depends on the method you want to use. You can do a VPN so that you're on the same LAN, you can do a port knock to get in, or have a mechanism in place to poke a hole in firewall for your softphone only.

Dejan

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer. Of course, the connection from my LAN network is tested all the way through the port 80 where I have a good access to the GUI interface. For the other method, I would not want to target a firewall completely because I have a lot of attacks and I have servers on the same network, which is very risky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.