ISDN Suport?

satchid

Reaction score
Hallo,

It would be wonderful for me to have a distro that makes it easy to incorporate ISDN. It is suported in Elastix, but then they do not have other things that are inportant like speed dials as an exemple (yet).

Thanks for doing this work.
Willy

kennethc

Reaction score
ISDN Support

Isdn support is built in on this release, If you are using ISDN only then its very simple. If you are using pots and ISDN is a little more complicated.

For a pure ISDN install, there is support for HFC chipset based cards.
They are really cheep and work well, You can even assign them as NT mode if you want and run extentions on them.

To make it work just type install-ZAPHFC at the command prompt.

Works really well, If you want further help, tell me more about your system.

Ken

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I've done installs on this distro with Junghanns quad BRI and Duo BRI.

You have to be very careful about the selection of motherboard, and ensuring that they are on their own IRQ.

These cards are suitable for the European market, whereas for the USA market, I'd go for Digium not least because you have someone to talk to if you cannot get it working properly.

ISDN BRI is horrible to work with, so for commercial installs, put in some wriggle room for getting it to work as it should.

Joe

camhissey

Reaction score
I have just instealled ISDN PRI and 4 PSTN Lines in on this distro. working beautifully in our office. I Am using Digium Hardware.

voipbx

Reaction score
mISDN support

Hi,
First of, great distro. Been playing with it since yesterday, almost straight.

Apparently the bristuff only properly recognizes the Junghanns cards. I prefer in my case misdn-chan. It would be great if there was a script to grab the latest misdn and misdnuser at beronet and install them.
Last night I tried installing, but afterwards I wouldn't get my TDM400P card recognized. I will try again to see how it goes.

pjsmith

Reaction score
Hi,

Did you ever get this working?

I tried freepbx and trixbox several times dating back a long, long way, and could never get UK ISDN 2e working. I was told misdn might be the way forward, installed astlinux (that has misdn support), and everything just worked perfectly and still does.

I'm more interested in a newer distro now and I note that trixbox has an misdn beta install option.

I'd prefer to try pbxinaflash if there is a way to install misdn?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
In the UK, I would go with the Junghanns card, available from www.voipon.vo.uk.

Run the install script twice, The first time to bring down the latest install script, then ctrl c to exit, then run it again.

Joe

PS if you want to play really safe, then you could look at a SIP / ISDN gateway also from the same supplier, then you do not worry about the installation of various cards. It will be a bit more expensive, but you may save on labour and hair pulling time.

pjsmith

Reaction score
We have 2 billion isdn cards that seem to work perfectly with astlinux and misdn. I'd like to try and use what we have if we can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.