FOOD FOR THOUGHT Is voip.ms a viable trunk provider with 3cx

Lou Smith

Reaction score
I've used voip.ms for years and they have been extremely solid and reliable.
However, I'm trying to set up a 3cx installation using Ward Mundy's recommendations and am having some issues.
One is that inbound calling works but outbound does not. I've read about deleting "voip" in the 3cx console settings but is that a security risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

phinphan

Reaction score
I tried but could not get voip.ms and 3cx to work together and pass caller id. Calls coming to my phone or outgoing would not have correct caller id. I got some suggestions on here but it did not work and I gave up. 3cx does not "just work" with sip providers unless it is one of their included providers. I love it otherwise but have it relegated for internal use and dial out thru PBXIAF

Lou Smith

Reaction score
Thanks phinphan. My understanding from reading other threads here is that the callerid issue can be handled by including it in the voip.ms setup but I've not gotten far enough to encounter that problem yet.
I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the 3cx setup without creating a hole in security.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.