FOOD FOR THOUGHT Is The Wazo Project Dead?

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
So I used to use Wzo as my phone system but ultimately decided to move to the FreePBX variation of Incredible. Today I looked at Wazo to see if there was any progress with development. To my disappointment, it looks like the project had grinded to a halt. Over 10 months since the last update. Is it safe to assume that Wazo is dead?

Merlin

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to their Zoho plugin too. One of many reasons why I switched over to Incredible PBX. Good reason to make the switch to SuiteCRM and Vtiger, with the former being easier to implement.

billsimon

Reaction score
Wait, in case it wasn't clear, Wazo is not dead at all. It's extremely active. kyle95wm must have been looking at some wrong information.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Wait, in case it wasn't clear, Wazo is not dead at all. It's extremely active. kyle95wm must have been looking at some wrong information.
The info I was looking at was on Wazo's blog. In addition, I have yet to see an Incredible PBX update on Nerdvittles.

wv_giant

Reaction score
I cannot get Incredible to install over wazo 18.03 following the method Ward explained in a different thread. I can't even get an earlier version of wazo to install anymore to try Ward's method...It seems like Ward/Nerdvittles are maybe cold towards wazo and that's why there is no update yet?

Marc Lange

Reaction score
I get errors on install.

Among them:

ERROR! Syntax Error while loading YAML.
did not find expected <document start>

The error appears to have been in '/root/wazo-ansible/inventories/uc-engine': line 6, column 1, but may
be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.

The offending line appears to be:

[uc-engine-host]
localhost ansible_connection=local
^ here

flepied

Reaction score
Hi Marc,

Could you give the details of your Operating System version and Ansible version ? If you can dump the full output, it could help also.

Thanks for trying Wazo Platform.

Fred

Marc Lange

Reaction score
Thanks Fred,

I destroyed the test machine I ran, but happy to spin one up again. I used the instructions located here http://wazo-platform.org/install so it would have been a Debian 10 install.

I'm happy to spin an instance up again, resume the test and report if that helps?

Marc Lange

Reaction score
Yes if you could do that, we'll be able to help you.
Ok a little more progress now in that I'm getting more errors I can report.

First error was getting stuck on the system not setting up LOCALE as UTF8.

Had to manually set my LOCALE to UTF8.

This finally launched the installer.

The the installer ended with the following error:

TASK [uc-engine : Install the ntp and postfix daemons] *******************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [IP ADDRESS]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "'/usr/bin/apt-mark manual ntp postfix' failed: FATAL -> Failed to fork.\n", "rc": 100, "stderr": "FATAL -> Failed to fork.\n", "stderr_lines": ["FATAL -> Failed to fork."], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}

Marc Lange

Reaction score
btw to ensure system used UTF 8, the following steps should be followed:

1) # dpkg-reconfigure locales
2) Select en_US.UTF-8
3) # export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
4) # source ~/.bashrc
5) verify UTF8 with # locale

the return to
# ansible-playbook -i inventories/uc-engine uc-engine.yml to launch

flepied

Reaction score
what are the characteristics of your machine where you are launching the installer? It's strange that it cannot fork.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.