FYI Is the PBX5 thread only dedicated to 3CX

redstonemason

Certified AWS Architect (And a KVM fan!!!)
Reaction score
A few dumb questions:

1. Is Incredible PBX 5 exclusively related to 3CX? Want to now where my postings on the forums should go? Because I am not a fan of 3CX.

2. I am cranking up 16-15 under Centos 7 on VULTR for a production migration. I have to do a cut/paste/file transfer because in my total disregard for EOL support dates I am screwed. What does the $20 per year update fee get me. I just paid for it yesterday.

3. I am a 3CX certified guy but only going back to Micrsoft 7 days. Great conference in Chicago a few years ago where I learned tonnes. But does it still suffer from the Microsoft pedigree? I dropped it for all my customers in favour of real community support. Fees, virus issues and the MS update Tuesday's were killing me. Going down the path as mentioned in point 2) will there be a simple migration step to the 2020 version?

Mark

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
1. yes.
2. $20 voluntary contribution keeps the lights on and provides software fixes for current releases.
3. You really should look at the 3CX Linux implementation. It's all new and quite robust.

Incredible PBX 2020 is a new animal with support for a complete migration to the GUI so I'd start there if I were just getting started.

Last edited:

redstonemason

Certified AWS Architect (And a KVM fan!!!)
Reaction score
Thanks Ward. 3CX is very complete. But it comes from a long standing debris-field called MS-Windows. A toy operating system that somehow became a favourite worldwide. It is still MS-DOS 2.1.

I would run it if I was stranded on a island and had nothing to play but Tubular Bells.

Anyways, joking aside, I do respect your comments!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.