TIPS Is it possible, 11 lines

Jim Grago

Reaction score
We currently use Spectrum (ugh) for our phone service at our business. We have a total of 11 lines that come into the building and they are separated between 2 cable modems. Not all lines are used daily. For example we have 2 fax and 2 main numbers that customers dial in on. Both of the inbound numbers have a rollover number, another line is used as a backup for our alarm and so one. Sure, I could switch to vonage, grasshopper, etc to go the voip route, but I would prefer to build my own voip system and control if but not sure if pbxinaflash is the best option or if it's even possible to do. So what I am asking is if you think it's possible to convert spectrum to my own system and if so, what would be involved in order to do it.

Thanks
Jim

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
So you've got 11 lines, but people really know 4 DID's? Assume you have a handful of handsets and you need to dial in, dial out, maybe have some IVR menus and time conditions.
Answer: ABSOLUTELY - that's pretty much what I do all day long and that's where IncrediblePBX just shines. The question will be what is your knowledgebase for getting it implemented and setup how desired. One thing you can do is create a system while not trashing your Spectrum setup. But a sample DID from someone and when you think you've got things working how you want, forward your spectrum to the new DID on IncrediblePBX to try everything out. Once it works to your satisfaction, port the number and trash Spectrum Voice.

Jim Grago

Reaction score
Awesome thanks. I've just received the parts to build my new piaf computer and will start working on this today.

Thanks

jreming

Reaction score
One tip, you are going to want a trunk that offers an unlimited amount of concurrent calls.

I would recommend Twilio since it is used in a business setting and they can guaranty call quality, just do your research as not all trunks provide the same quality of service and you dont want to get stuck with over paying for service.

Personally I use twilio for our main call center and anveo-direct as a backup as well as for fax (and my personal ivr's/services)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We currently use Spectrum (ugh) for our phone service at our business. We have a total of 11 lines that come into the building and they are separated between 2 cable modems. Not all lines are used daily. For example we have 2 fax and 2 main numbers that customers dial in on. Both of the inbound numbers have a rollover number, another line is used as a backup for our alarm and so one. Sure, I could switch to vonage, grasshopper, etc to go the voip route, but I would prefer to build my own voip system and control if but not sure if pbxinaflash is the best option or if it's even possible to do. So what I am asking is if you think it's possible to convert spectrum to my own system and if so, what would be involved in order to do it.

Thanks
Jim

You might want to hold off 'til Black Friday. We'll have an announcement that may be a good fit for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.