IPv6 install script

imcdona

Guru
Reaction score
Seeing as how Asterisk 1.8 supports IPv6 I think it would be nice to have a PIAF script that automatically set's up an IPv6 tunnel. I've got the configuration working on several PIAF boxes currently with no issues.

Among other things, this would allow PIAF users to connect to other PIAF boxes via IPv6 negating the need for IAX2 trunks. In addition, the script could optionally setup PIAF to provide IPv6 connectivity to the local LAN.

I've got instructions on how to configure PIAF to connect to a tunnelbroker.net IPv6 tunnel. You can find the instructions here: http://blog.voicebyip.com/?p=147

I don't know enough about shell scripting to automate this myself but I'm hoping someone here might be willing to help me out. I beleive the whole thing could be automated with two varibles, one for the tunnel server, and the other being the IPv6 subnet that tunnellbroker.net assigns to the user. The rest of the script is a matter of installing a package and modifying a few files.

Thoughts?

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I agree - this might be an interest and usefull script to develope. Let me know if youd like a permanent home for its development effort at the Dev Support Site.

imcdona

Guru
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I'm already a registered user on the Dev Support Site. My username is "imcdona".

I've never done this before so I have a few questions. How do I go about starting another project on the site? I assume once you create the project I can then upload code via SVN? What kind of script needs to be written to work with PIAF? Is there a dev guide I can look at that explains the format for PIAF modules?

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I'm already a registered user on the Dev Support Site. My username is "imcdona".

I've never done this before so I have a few questions. How do I go about starting another project on the site? I assume once you create the project I can then upload code via SVN? What kind of script needs to be written to work with PIAF? Is there a dev guide I can look at that explains the format for PIAF modules?

1. Sounds good to me. How do I go about starting another project on the site?

Now that you have agreed - I will initiate the new project at the dev site for you.

2. I assume once you create the project I can then upload code via SVN?

Yep - absolutely.

3. What kind of script needs to be written to work with PIAF? Is there a dev guide I can look at that explains the format for PIAF modules?

These are some of the cool things we need to explore. It maybe your project will remain a collection of Bash scripts, such as the Easy OpenVPN project, or it might be that a FreePBX module has the horse-power you are looking for.

The "dev guide" for creating FreePBX modules was not exctly overflowing with info the last few times I've looked. You will probably be better served by reviewing some of the modules already hosted at the dev site. A simplistic one like Hotel Style Wakeups might be a good way to start the investigation.

Ill begin the creation today when I get a little free time, and reachyou via PM when its ready for you.

Before I create the project - well need a name for it. I was thinking "Easy IP6", but its your project - so you get to name it. Let me know and Ill get started.

Welcome aboard!

-tshif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.