FOOD FOR THOUGHT IPv6 compatibility - Digital Ocean, Ubuntu, Incredible PBX 13-12.2

LSTA!

Reaction score
Hi,

So I followed the instructions for Incredible PBX 13-12.2-Ubuntu-14.04 (64-bit) from http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14183

But I selected the "IPv6" checkbox when creating my Droplet. And then name resolution worked with dig, but broke with Incredible PBX, FreePBX and Asterisk.

Having an IPv6 global IP address led to issues with the update-at-login script, the FreePBX modules update screen, and while those were fixed by telling Ubuntu to prioritize IPv4 lookups over IPv6 ones, I was never able to get SIP registration in asterisk working against IPv4-only domain names. It worked fine for IPv4 addresses entered manually.

Is IPv6 configuration something more supported under RedHat-based distros, perhaps? Has anyone had success building an IPv6 box -- with globally assigned IPv6 address -- as provided, for example, by Digital Ocean?

For now, I've gone back to DigitalOcean and created a second droplet that's IPv4-only.

Louis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.