SOLVED iptables not loading properly

kameleon

Reaction score
I am running the Incredible PBX 16-15 on Centos 7 and am having a few issues. First it appears that the iptables do not load properly unless I do another ./add-ip something 123.34.56.78 that was not there before. Granted this just happened this morning but I also just put it into production this morning also. It might be a hiccup but might not be.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Walk us through the steps you're using to test this and what the results are. Thanks.

kameleon

Reaction score
Being that it only does it on a reboot, it will be next weekend before I can bring it down to test more. Will report back if it does it again.

kameleon

Reaction score
So I was able to bring it down today. Upon the first reboot (VM running, just issued reboot command from root prompt) I was unable to ssh in and the web interface was not responding. I connected via the hyper-v console and was greeted by an "asterisk could not start" message. I was able to log in and run iptables --list which listed what looked like the default entries (local LAN ranges allowed through and ISP allowed through). So I issue the reboot command again and watch it as everything comes up. Looks like everything starts properly except I still cannot ssh or web in. I log in as root and issue the iptables --list command only to be greeted with the same iptables as before. So I run the add-ip command from /root/ and add another IP on my local subnet and magically a TON of entries show up when I run iptables --list now and everything works as expected.

This is not a huge issue except for the fact if something happens and the vm host reboots the guest and I am not where I can remote in and fix it. Any thoughts on this? I do have the "default" and after add-ip iptables I can send if needed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try adding /usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart to /etc/rc.local to force a restart on bootup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.