NEED MORE INFO IPtables fqdn mobile phone /13-12.3 Ubuntu

Hometech

Reaction score
Hi, I am having an issue with IPtables fqdn entries. I have my mobile phone set up with a duck DNS name. IPtables set up with the fqdn name for the mobile phone and it is showing in the ipchecker.log when it changes with the correct IP address but it will not connect to PBX. I then check iptables -nL and it is not adding the IP to the list. If I use port Knocker it will add the ip to the IPtables list and my Zoiper android client connects. FYI I have two fqdn's setup one that is a fixed location works fine but not my mobile phone. Does any one know were I should focus my effort to correct this?

Thanks
Paul

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
Just a guess, the Knocker is updated on your request and firewall / fqdn is update on a fixed schedule. Perhaps the mobile phone's IP changes more often than the fixed location. Perhaps you should change how often the update of the fqdn is checked at both the Dynamic DNS server and the batch file update on the pbx.

Hometech

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for your reply. Currently its set for every 4 min. But again even after a IP update that I see in the IPchecker Log it does not allow traffic. And confirmed by iptables -nL no entry with the new IP exist

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Perhaps using TCP on the softphone might help.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.