GOOD NEWS iPhone SE SIM-Free + RingPlus

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Cay1Fm0W8AAoRZ8.jpg

For those considering RingPlus, it now appears that Apple's new iPhone SE (SIM-Free) version is the best bet. It will work with AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and even Sprint contrary to Apple documentation.

The gotchas with using it with Sprint/RingPlus service are (1) you must obtain SIMOLW416C on your own since Apple doesn't have the correct SIM (in addition to RingPlus store link above, Ting sells the same one for less) and (2) your Sprint service will be missing Band 41. However, testing shows that, even without Band 41, folks are getting: Download 20.96M Upload 5.89M ping 44ms.

If you're new to all of this, the beauty of RingPlus is you also get a compatible SIP trunk that can be used to make and receive calls using PBX in a Flash or Incredible PBX. And the trunk connects directly to Sprint's super fast Internet backbone. Nerd Vittles tutorial here. See also this thread.

CdbqwemW8AAwsE4.jpg

SIP URI: [email protected]
SMS URL: mailto:[email protected]

Great plan being offered tomorrow afternoon only (Sunday 4/24 beginning at 5PM EDT):

Elevator Free Plan ($32.50 deposit required to cover overages)
$0.00/month: 3250 minutes (cellular or SIP), 3250 texts (SMS only), 3250 MB data (full speed LTE)
Add Tethering for $12.99 per month available as an Add On.
Add Unlimited talk and text for $9.99 per month available as an Add On.
Loaner Phones also available during fire sale with a deposit (as low as $30)

Last edited:

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
where do i get more INFO on this (SMS URL: mailto:[email protected])

i know that for YEARS you could send a email and have it show up as a text on a phone.... so how would i install this into a PIAF... to send email to txt...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.