AWAITING FEEDBACK IPBX Wazo can't create extension 717

Paul Rowell

Reaction score
I don't seem to be able to create extension 717 on a fresh install of IPBX. I get:

Resource Error - Extension already exists ('exten': u'717', 'context': u'default')

Yet when I look at users or lines I only see the numbers 701,702 and 711 being used.

Paul Rowell

Reaction score
To try and work out what is going on here I did a fresh installation of the latest Wazo ISO and was able to create a user with extension number 717. I'm wondering whether the Incredible snapshot is causing this problem?

Paul Rowell

Reaction score
Judging by the lack of responses I get the impression that I must be asking this question in the wrong place is there another forum where Wazo help can be sought?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Judging by the lack of responses I get the impression that I must be asking this question in the wrong place is there another forum where Wazo help can be sought?
Can you create 716 and 718??

Paul Rowell

Reaction score
Thanks, Ward. Curiously, yes I can create both 716 & 718. One of the Wazo community have replied to my thread in the Wazo Comunity forum so I'll take the discussion there and then post back here if and when I get an answer.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, Ward. Curiously, yes I can create both 716 & 718. One of the Wazo community have replied to my thread in the Wazo Comunity forum so I'll take the discussion there and then post back here if and when I get an answer.

Just tried to replicate your issue on a brand new install, and I had no problem creating the extension (see below). What happens on the Asterisk CLI when you attempt to call 717 from an internal extension? That should tell you what's going on. Also try: sip show peers. Have you perhaps created a Ring Group as 717? Does either of the following commands return any results:

Code:
grep 717 /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/*
grep 717 /etc/asterisk/*

C24YDVOWIAATkLF.jpg

Paul Rowell

Reaction score
No results returned from either of those commands. I haven't done a huge amount on this install so I'm tempted to fire up another VM and then replicate the trunk information across to the new install and write this off as a useful learning experience...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.