QUIRK IPBX 16-15-1-PUBLIC Strange PAI/Outbound CID Behavior

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I have a deployed 16-15-1 server that was then restored from a 13.x backup with a weird Outbound CID issue.

When a call is placed from extension x, the Outbound CID is displayed as programmed in FPBX on the extension. FPBX CDR shows the Extension name, and Outbound CID as expected. Voip.ms CDR shows the Outbound CID in their record, as expected.
Here is where it gets strange.
When a call is placed from extension y, the Outbound CID is displayed as the Extension name & number, not the Outbound CID that is programmed. FPBX CDR shows Extension name/number & Outbound CID as being the same, and Voip.ms CDR shows the Extension name/number as well.
Before you ask, the Extension name/number is the phone location/internal extension, vs the Outbound CID being phone primary Users name/primary user PSTN number. Both phones are set to use PAI, and otherwise identical except for brand. x is a Snom 370, y is an Aastra 6757. But that shouldn't matter, should it? Maybe I can snag a 6757 here at work and add it in to the system as a test.

The only thing I can think of is this is another remnant of the restore process from IPBX 13. I never did rectify my problem of no Direct Page (*80) Feature Code being available anymore after restore.

Has anyone else noticed this in their CDR? I got wind of it as my wife called her parents from the master bedroom and that is exactly what showed up on their display, not to mention the internal extension number of the phone.

The only other thing between my test, and her call, her parents PSTN has an Inbound route programmed for it, to go direct to a ring group, where as my test number (work DID) does not. Again, shouldn't matter but tossing it in there as a FYI. Will do some more digging.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Well, interesting. It is the Aastra phone. To alleviate the problem I have to set Send RPID to "No" for those devices. I don't recall ever having to do that before.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
WTH? So I set Send RPID back to PAI and it *still* works. I guess I'll go through all of my Aastra phones and toggle that to none and back again and test when I'm home.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
To follow up, changing/saving/changing/saving has set all of the phones to proper PAI operation. I can only equate this to the database restore and the fact I didn't modify anything after that. Changing and saving must rebuild the database for each phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.