FOOD FOR THOUGHT IPBX 13-13 on RasPi - Kennonsoft menu gone?

SMTC

Reaction score
Is the Kennonsoft menu supposed to be missing on the latest release? Web GUI goes straight to the Admin menu.

SMTC

Reaction score
@wardmundy I have compared my old system (12.0.74) versus new (13.0.192.19) directory of /var/www/html and there is a lot less files in the new install than in the old one which has the index_custom2.php file in it and is referenced in previous Forum articles about missing Kennonsoft Menus.

It would seem that a whole bunch of functionality goes missing without the Kennonsoft menu...

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
My KennonSoft menu hasn't worked right in YEARS (the Admin section has a password I never put in, don't know and therefore the menu to me is useless. I think the code is still stuck in the installers, but I imagine you could just make a static html page with what you want your 'clients' to see and a separate one for administrators elsewhere. You don't lose any funcionality, you just have to get there a different way.

SMTC

Reaction score
My KennonSoft menu hasn't worked right in YEARS (the Admin section has a password I never put in, don't know and therefore the menu to me is useless. I think the code is still stuck in the installers, but I imagine you could just make a static html page with what you want your 'clients' to see and a separate one for administrators elsewhere. You don't lose any funcionality, you just have to get there a different way.

I don't know how you could function without the menus. How are you even programming the system?

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
You see the two (or three) big Icons? One says Administrator...Click it It does the same thing as Kennonsoft, which if you ever used ut are just Icons to click to get to places in your system, all they are are hyperlinks in the background.

If I remember some of the buttons correctly
Operator panel (Fop at the time) went to /fop -- if you had FOP2 you changed the /fop to /fop2
Meetme - never used but brought you to the 2663 conference bridge page (I think)
Asteridex - brought you to the Poor Man's Rolodex as Ward called it - again just a link to it
There were options for CRM and OpenFire/Spark chat service 0-- mine was on a different box -- since I started using LetsEncrypt to SSL all my servers Openfire barfed and is no longer usable as Openfire uses 9090 as a port and I can no longer get into the server gui because of the LE certificate - openfire doesn't know about it and I do not know where to edit it manually.

The Kennonsoft menus were a 'nice to have' thing (I can probably build my own) but really not a necessity for me, I will have a BUNCH of remote users that may benefit from an Icon click to get places but they don't use my system yet AND most, if not all of the web apps that some may want to use are now passworded and Port 80/443 SHOULD be locked down, mine is in the cloud and because of my projects 80/443 I have open -- I shouldn't but may have to open 5060 so smartphone apps can connect without a constant fight as IPs on phones change rapidly.

I know this was more than you wanted for an answer but I tend to rant sometimes.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The Kennonsoft code was getting long in the tooth and difficult to maintain. Probably 90% of the folks using Incredible PBX simply viewed the menus as another hoop to jump through to get to the FreePBX GUI.

SMTC

Reaction score
The Kennonsoft code was getting long in the tooth and difficult to maintain. Probably 90% of the folks using Incredible PBX simply viewed the menus as another hoop to jump through to get to the FreePBX GUI.

So confirmed, its out. So, Kevin's comment about manually typing the link does not appear to work "forbidden" so they are just not there, hidden or otherwise?

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
OK, meetme isn't there anymore, thought it was. try< http: (or https:) however you use yours http://ip.of.ur.bx/reminders/

you should be presented with a box asking for username and password (admin is user and if you did the password steps in Ward's tutorials - you want the webapps one). you should get the remminders scheduler -- the 403-Forbidden is usually when you didn't have the right password.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.