FOOD FOR THOUGHT IP Systems LTD Hosting

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Ward:

I reran the installation after ensuring the IP addresses in the ifconfig matched the main IP address on the console. This ran through fine and stopped on the port knocker step.

I couldn't login to the admin via the GUI, as there was no display. I located something similar and entered : mv /var/www/html/index_custom.php /var/www/html/index_custom.booboo.php - This corrected my issue. A full screen appeared, which was nice, but I couldn't login as I didn't know the password.

I followed the instructions here to set it to NULL - http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/L1/amportal+commands . Another issue I had was that the admin-pw-change script referred to our friend eth0. I copied that to admin-pw-change2 and replaced eth0 with venet0. This worked; the Admin password has been changed.

I'll keep poking around and keep you updated.

Thanks for the jump start here!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This platform ALWAYS has been quirky going back to the Proxmox days. I really think folks are better off with one of the other VM solutions. I'm also unsure whether they ever fixed the kernel vulnerability. Last time I checked, they still hadn't.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I couldn't login to the admin via the GUI, as there was no display. I located something similar and entered : mv /var/www/html/index_custom.php /var/www/html/index_custom.booboo.php - This corrected my issue. A full screen appeared, which was nice, but I couldn't login as I didn't know the password.

This really makes no sense. The index.php and index_custom.php should both give you exactly the same result as you can see below. Do your files look like these??

Code:
root@ipsystems:/var/www/html $ cat index_custom.php
<?php
header('location: /admin');
?>
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.

root@ipsystems:/var/www/html $ cat index.php
<?php
if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/index_custom.php')) {
      include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/index_custom.php');
} else {
      header('Location: /admin');
}

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to verify the venerability has been patched?

Here's what I see:

index_custom.php
Code:
$ cat index_custom.php
<?php
header('location: /admin');
?>

index_custom.booboo.php
Code:
 cat /var/www/html/index_custom.booboo.php
<?php
if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/index_custom.php')) {
          include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/index_custom.php');
} else {
          header('Location: /admin');
}

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Ward:

Last night I reinstalled everything - no errors, no issues. I did need to put in the DNS servers, but that was all. Currently running a load&soak on this server. We'll see what happens.

What I do like about this service is that you can re-image the OS in less than a minute.

Cheers.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Looks like /etc/sysconfig/iptables is a mess. Not sure why. It should be pure IP addresses, no FQDNs. Those all need to be fixed. What type machine are you logging in from?? What installer did you use to build the system? We haven't had FQDNs in the IPtables setup for years!

Before I toss this out the window, I re-rean the installer. The iptables display all entries in IP addresses - no names. When I login to the IP address, I'm immediately thrown in to our familiar admin menu. I can see that it is an incredible installation - ext 701, IVR's, time, weather and all the goodies. I see 4 IAX Fax modems. Now, should I logoff admin I see the below (Freepbx menu). I have verified the /var/www/html/ index.php index_custom.php are correct as above. What do I need to perform to get the PBX in a Flash menu selections?

On a side note, I would recommend this service for development only as all IP addresses are blacklisted on Spamhaus; although you could install gmail to circumvent.

ward002.jpg

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This is an Incredible PBX build, not a PBX in a Flash server. There is no Kennonsoft menu. It has a preconfigured firewall to protect the FreePBX GUI.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Thank you - I'm good to go.

I was trying to figure out how to access the AvantFax interface.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you download the CentOS or Ubuntu installer (one more time), we've updated both of them today, and a tab will magically appear in the GUI once you complete the fax install. Better yet, wait for tomorrow's surprise announcement. :oops:

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I'm bloody drippy, that's for sure. Thanks all! Headed for the drink... :rolleyes:

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Before I forget.... IPsystemsltd Install Notes

Before you begin, make sure the Main IP address you are logging in to is set; from the IPSystemltd panel, go to the Network Tab. This would be the best time to register a host name with Go-Daddy or your choice and enter this in the reverse DNS name field.

Telnet Login and:

setenforce 0
yum -y upgrade
yum -y install net-tools nano wget
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/update-kernel-devel
chmod +x update-kernel-devel
./update-kernel-devel
reboot

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx11.4.centos.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx*
./IncrediblePBX*

1. After the install ends, open another Window and allow the system updates to proceed.
2. vi admin-pw-change and change (this is housekeeping)
From: echo "Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://`/sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet " | cut -f 2 -d ":" | cut -f 1 -d " "`"
To: echo "Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://`/sbin/ifconfig venet0 | grep "inet " | cut -f 2 -d ":" | cut -f 1 -d " "`" - then run this script!
3. vi /etc/resolv.conf adding a line that reads : nameserver 8.8.8.8
5. Perform a reboot.
6. To get sendmail working, immediately edit /etc/hosts, space over and add your name as the first entry after 127.0.0.1; 127.0.0.1 wardworld.com localhost.localdomain
Issue the following:
* to rebuild the sendmail.cf file by issuing the command "m4 sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf" from the /etc/mail directory
* restart sendmail - /etc/init.d/sendmail restart
Note: Anytime you reboot, the system will move your wardworld.com entry to the end. The sendmail rebuild looks at the first entry.
Note: I can only send to gmail address as Spamhaus had IPSystemltd IP addresses as SPAM

7. On any VPS, when you are done working on the GUI enter service httpd stop; to bring back up service httpd start

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody reach these folks now? I had a setup as a backup test server, and can no longer access them. It's like everything is gone...

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I was able to pull up a Google cached version of their site dated as recently as 8/4, but nothing now, that's for sure.

They either pulled the plug, forgot to renew their domain, or forgot to pay the electricity bill. :)

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Call Allan?

Visit them in Tortola?

Registrant Contact

Name: ALLAN SMALLWOOD
Organization: IP SYSTEMS LIMITED
Mailing Address: IP SYSTEMS LIMITED C/O ALEMAN, CORDERO,GALINDO & LEE, ROADTOWN TORTOLA VG3458 VG
Phone: +1.2027591163
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:[email protected]

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Down for days, haven't responded to tickets I opened when my hosts would go offline for days at a time. I think they're either on their way out or out . . . such a pain setup a bunch of servers with them for testing; at least it was only about $100 down the tubes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.