SUGGESTIONS IP Phone Recommendations

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
cant seem to configure outbound calls on a snom m9 anyone here has idea how to setup this phone so I can rely on it?

Best regards.
Please open a new thread in the Endpoints subforum.

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Is there a current phone which has built-in VPN functionality that works well? Nothing overblown, just something basic with VPN support.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
After you read briankelly63 link to pfSense forum, here is the missing tutorial. I managed to recover it from Google's cache since it is no longer available on line...
This guide will walk you through configuring an OpenVPN server instance in pfSense to allow Yealink IP Phones (T26P, T28P, T32G, and T38G) to connect to your PBX remotely over a VPN tunnel.

Attachments

• YealinkOpenVPNGuide.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 34

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I'll be picking something new to try. Maybe it would be a suitable upgrade from my T22P that I like so much...

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
dad311 had a very good script for adding OpenVPN right on the PIAF server and it also created the remote files for the Yealink phones, all you had to do was import them to the phone and they worked great. This may have been lost in the crash of 2013 but he may re-post it at some time.

gary

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Grandstream-GS-DP715?

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Yes I do and it works great!! Very easy to configure if you want i can help set it up in no time
OK great, I am going to order one of these up to try this week for the company I spend most of my time at. I'm rolling out a PIAF-based PBX slowly and that's one thing of importance - portable extensions. I will let you know when I get it if I have any trouble at all.

Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I'll be picking something new to try. Maybe it would be a suitable upgrade from my T22P that I like so much...

Th Yealink T22P will support OpenVPN with the current firmware. I just deployed a handful of T22Ps this week using OpenVPN.

Also, the Yealink WP52 cordless DECT phone supports OpenVPN. I have not tried to install a WP52 with OpenVPN yet.

I am a fan of dad311's Eay OpenVPN implementation. He has included scripts to configure the necessary Yealink OpenVPN .tar file:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/easy-openvpn-with-dd-wrt-clients.12198/

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
!! This is great info thank you for sharing. I will be looking into this then...

pshaww

Reaction score
I do not have any knowledge of Aastra phones, and will certainly look into them. However, I've a lot of experience with Polycom, Cisco SPA 5xx series, and Yealink T2x, T3x, T4x (we have a demo), and VP530 phones, and from these choices, my vote hands-down goes to Yealink. They've made a lot of smart choices moving forward with firmware updates and work great. They all (as of a month ago) support multicast, hotdesking, OpenVPN (which we use for a lot of locations), as well as all the usual choices - BLF, BLA, directory, custom logos, screensavers, etc. The T3x and T4x phones really have a more professional look and feel, and for the price, they're pretty great. The T38G (gigabit) phones even come with 10 side keys dedicated for anything (BLF, speed dial, hot desk, park, etc). The VP530 and T4x phones have many BLF, speed dial, BLA "buttons" but they're on screen "buttons".

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Yes I do and it works great!! Very easy to configure if you want i can help set it up in no time
Have you ever had problems with the DP715 and echo? There is a bit of echo on the handsets and I'm trying to narrow that down and mitigate it. Only happens on the portables, not off of any other hard-wired extensions.

miguel

Reaction score
Disable echo canceller =no
Dont sisable it on profile 1 or 2

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
I figured as much. Thanks for the tip, I am logging in now to check it.

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Are you running the beta firmware? I'm on the latest 1.0.0.8 and don't see that option under the profiles, or anywhere else in the web ui.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.