QUESTION IP Phone Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by computerwiz57, Nov 26, 2018.

1. computerwiz57

computerwiz57 New Member

Hello All,

This is my first post on the forums, so I apologize if this should go somewhere else or has been answered...

I currently have a Cisco 7960 that I am looking to replace. I have seen lots of posts about the Yealink T46G, and also the article on nerdvittles.com about Digium's A Series line of phones. I am thinking of going with the A25, but I am unable to find any documentation that would suggest I could use custom ringtones on that model (or any of the A Series for that matter). Also, if this model supports "HD" calling, does that mean my on hold music will sound strange as it does on my cellphone (like it's under water)?

I basically am looking for an IP phone that will allow me to configure at least 2-4 SIP registrations, have custom ringtones (i.e. use my own files), and support BLF keys. What are some good options to consider?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

2. krzykat

krzykat Guru

Have a look at the Yealink T29G ... I'm playing with them now and so far, I'm pretty impressed. It does everything with one exception (so far, I'm sure they'll change with upcoming fw mod) - and that's no Opus codec.
    Very nice phone for the price (I think its the same as T46 at lower price point) - and even supports WIFI via USB dongle.

3. computerwiz57

computerwiz57 New Member

This looks like it might work. Says it supports custom ringtones, SMS, and up to 16 SIP accounts. Also has the BLF functionality. Would be neat if I could use the SMS feature with my Skyetel account which supports SMS/MMS. Thanks for the suggestion.