TIPS IP change

joe363

Reaction score
Hi, i'm running PIAF green with incrediblepbx..i had a wan ip change on my router..trunks show online but wont regerster.. I checked the logs and there trying but timing out..I called vitelity and support said there not makingit to them...I checked all i could think I dont know waht im missing...Any help?

joe363

Reaction score
my IT guy informed me that he has now assigned it a "static nat ip address" on the router..But i cant get the trunks to regerster after he made the change.. they did before he made the change and now they timeout

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
Check you SIP NAT settings. Have you got the old WAN IP in there? It's under "Advanced SIP Settings".

joe363

Reaction score
yea, that was the first thing i changed..i did auto and it picked up the new wan..still nothing

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if your IP guy has any outbound restrictions on the firewall? So might be be blocking 5060/UDP by default? Does the firewall support SIP ALG? If so switch if off as it tries to help but really can mangle things.

joe363

Reaction score
i think i need a static nat set up for iptables but dont know where to start.....

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
When the IT guy set the static NAT addressing for the PBX was this mapped to an alternate WAN address on the firewall. Normally you would use a static NAT mapping if you wanted outbound traffic from the PBX to use a non-default WAN IP address on the firewall. I don't think there is anything specific you need to set in iptables to support static NAT mappings on a separate firewall but check your /etc/sysconfig/iptables file for any rules that might relate to the old IP address of the firewall.

joe363

Reaction score
I tried shutting off iptables with the command "service iptables Stop" shows trunks online, like it see the internet but trunks still dont regerster

joe363

Reaction score
yep i can ping google and inbound29.vitelity.net....however asterisk logs show a time out and vitelity support says they see no attemps

joe363

Reaction score
ok..some funny stuff going on...i tried to make a outbound call..my set showed "no response" i expected it to...however the phone i called rang! when i picked it up it terminated the call..only to call me back a second time, i picked it up and it terminated the call...

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
Check (and clear, if necessary) the states on your router to make sure it's not holding onto a stale connection.

Reaction score
Do you have the correct IP set with Vitelity?

I know I had some issues with a provider (not Vitelity) that was still expecting an old IP address for registration and they had to manually clear it out of their system. I know Vitelity let's you set it in your sub account settings so double check those?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.