FYI IP Blacklist

oneradioboy

Reaction score
How can I blacklist all external IP addresses with the exception of those I wish to allow through to the PBX? I'm getting hit with failed authenticatiosn from an unknown address. I suppose I'm confused about how to enter the correct range of addresses to deny without messing up something.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX does just that with its IPtables WhiteList. If you aren't on the list, you get no access. In fact, you can't even see the server. Stated another way, everybody is blacklisted except those on the whitelist. The exception is others on the local area network.

oneradioboy

Reaction score
Does this go for PIAF5 as well? It seems I'm able to reach the 3cx gui anywhere on the net. I'm familiar with Travelin' Man on my other PIAF installs.

Pj3CX

Reaction score
Hi @oneradioboy ,
For PIAF5 you may add rules directly in your iptables to allow only trusted IPs to reach your SIP port (5060 by default).
Trusted IPs include your voip providers and remote extensions connecting in SIP if any.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.