Introducing TeleYapper 5.0

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
No upgrade is possible. All of the plumbing is quite different. Sorry.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Just got this installed on a 1755 Purple. I am using the TYPhonebook front-end, so I needed to run the gen-mysql.php. But, it errors out every time.
Code:
root@piaf-purple:/var/www/html/appt-reminders $ ./gen-mysql.php
You must specify direct recipients with -s, -c, or -b.
root@piaf-purple:/var/www/html/appt-reminders $
Looks like from a Google search that is is trying to call mail and send an email. Hmm... Is it not compatible with Purple?
--
Upon further digging, it looks like it is trying to send an email telling me that the processing has begun, but the processing never happens because the email isn't sent.
--
Code:
 system("echo ".chr(34)."APPOINTMENT REMINDERS NOW PROCESSING FROM MySQL: $counter RECORDS".chr(34)." | mail -s ".chr(34)."APPOINTMENT REMINDER UPLOAD NOW PROCESSING: $counter RECORDS".chr(34)." ".$email." ") ;
--
Just tried it on a Silver system, and gen-mysql.php got this:
Code:
root@piaf-home:/var/www/html/appt-reminders $ ./gen-mysql.php
rm: cannot remove `/var/log/asterisk/reminders*.txt': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/var/www/html/appt-reminders/upload/*.wav': No such file or d                                                                      irectory
swift -o /var/www/html/appt-reminders/upload/person.wav \"To confirm your appoin                                                                      tment, please press 1. To reschedule your appointment, press 2. To cancel your a                                                                      ppointment, press 3. If we have reached you in error or if you do not wish to re                                                                      ceive appointment reminders, press 4. To hear this message again, please press 5                                                                       now.\" <br />swift -o /var/www/html/appt-reminders/upload/ansmach.wav \"If you                                                                       need to cancel or reschedule this appointment, if we reached you in error, or if                                                                       you do not wish to receive appointment reminders, please call 777-123-4567 at y                                                                      our earliest convenience. Thank you for your assistance. Goodbye.\" <br />swift                                                                       -o /var/www/html/appt-reminders/upload/chose1.wav \"Thank you for making us your                                                                       medical home. Your appointment has been confirmed. Goodbye.\" <br />swift -o /v                                                                      ar/www/html/appt-reminders/upload/chose2.wav \"Thank you. A representative will                                                                       be calling you to reschedule your appointment. Goodbye.\" <br />swift -o /var/ww                                                                      w/html/appt-reminders/upload/chose3.wav \"Thank you for making us your medical h                                                                      ome. Your appointment has been cancelled. Goodbye.\" <br />swift -o /var/www/htm                                                                      l/appt-reminders/upload/chose4.wav \"Thank you. We will update our systems and a                                                                      pologize for the call. Goodbye.\" <br />job 1 at 2011-04-01 16:21
You must specify direct recipients with -s, -c, or -b.
root@piaf-home:/var/www/html/appt-reminders $
[/code]is where the email is called, if I read the code correctly. But nothing shows on the screen but the error message - no "APPOINTMENT REMINDERS..."

brianbirk

Reaction score
Ever get TY working with ATT voicemail? I've had no luck myself either... Using chanspy, I can hear that TY doesn't start playing the message until about 1-2 seconds after the voicemail system stops recording...so no message gets left.

Wondering if it would be a bad idea to replace the 2nd quiet60.wav with some quiet white noise? :D Hmm...

brianbirk

Reaction score
I've managed to get it working by effectively removing the second call to BackgroundDetect. I would assume it's there for a reason, could you elaborate a little bit on it's intent?

I think when I deploy this I will use call recordings and have them sent as attachments when a voicemail is left. That will allow me to get feedback on when voicemails are actually being left and the situations that confuse the script. Managing exceptions is still better than place 50-60 calls a day. :)

Thanks for any help!

udstx

Reaction score
I have installed Teleyapper 5 with Purple. It makes the calls (test data) but then hangs up. I used 'ln -s /usr/local/bin/swift /usr/bin/flite' to simulate a Ceptal installation. Should this work? I looked at the Ceptal installation and did not notice that it included installation for asterisk 1.8. Are there specific issues with Asterisk 1.8 or will the 1.6 instructions work? Is it possible to get yapper.5 to issue the 'broadcast-message' from yapper.4?

udstx

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed answers:wink5:. As best I can tell the second question was multi-choice, so I am guessing I can use the instructions for 1.6 to install on 1.8. Even with Cepstral installed I need to find a way to play a pre-recorded message and would like to do it within the context of the 'config.php' file. Is there a work-around necessary for this.

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong?

Installed TY5 fine and it works just as stated, however I'm having trouble with answering machines/voicemails. It doesn't leave any. Just 5 seconds of nothing.

I'm bench testing with the stock config.php and reminder.xml with only the phone numbers changed. I installed on a fresh bronze box. The outbound trunks are Vitelity. Is there a sensing problem on these types of trunks or am I missing something else?

Great work Mr. Mundy.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-Matt :banghead:

Hi Matt

Have you manage to get Teleyapper leave voicemail on machines ????

Thanks ..

nscottbrown

Reaction score
I'm getting the following error when I use this script in Firefox 3.6.4. But if I use IE 8. It works fine. Any thoughts as to why Firefox does not like my .csv upload file?

Data upload failed. Sorry.
File type : application/octet-stream

Uploaded: config.php
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 3.986328125 Kb
New config stored: config.php
Processing will continue with new config...

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
It looks like you are uploading a .php file. Why?

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
Firefox *shouldn't* have a problem, BUT if you're on v3.6.4... then that's been a while. I'd just assume upgrade to the latest v8 (released today) and then see where you stand rather than spin wheels unnecessarily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.