Introducing TeleYapper 5.0

g711

Guru
Reaction score
Uploading from a Windoz machine using Fire Fox works fine. However no go on IE8...??

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Worked for me. Are you using the original version perhaps??

Reaction score
Nice to see some update on this really nice app.

I'm just disappointed that my previous suggestion regarding password for the callee was not implemented :-(

The idea behind it was to have confirmation that the intended callee was reached. For instance when a school is sending a message to the parent regarding an issue with their kid, it would be nice to have the parent enter his/her secret code to confirm reception to make sure that is not the kid intercepting the call ;-)

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Great app....
This is by far the best app developed. I am still in the testing phase. I am sure ward and the gang is working on the bugs to make it more user friendly. However, these are my first impressions. I am still testing it.
Some issues that I faced.
  1. The Parameter $waittime did not work for me. No matter how long I set it, it always defaults to 15 seconds. If the call is not picked in 15 secs, then the call is dropped. Does not even wait for the answering machine to pickup.
  2. There should be a 2 to 3 seconds delay to play the message after the call is picked up.
  3. Not identifying Answering machine for me. ( This may be associated to the defualt of 15 sec $waittime)
  4. Every time the csv file is uploaded, the need for running ./gen-calls.php from the root console.
I have a suggestion:

The ./gen-calls.php script should kick-off via a cron job every x minutes/ hours etc. OR should autometically kick-off after the csv along with config file is uploaded.I am assuming $startcalls and $endcalls Parameter is associated with a particular csv file. Since the calls would only start after ./gen-calls.php scripts is run. The parameter on $Startcalls and $endcalls should somehow initiate or trigger the gen-calls.php script to run. This is a must.
I shall post my findings as I go along.
Besides some of these minor issues, the app runs flawlessly.
Keep up the good Job.
Cheers!!

udstx

Reaction score
Great project but I must be missing a trival piece of info.
I installed yapper5 on a freash PiaF-Gold, edited the mysql.reminders and fired it up with the default config.php & gen-calls.sh. Using showcalls.sh I saw the call 'queued' and then my phone rang (Phone1) but I heard silence and then a hang-up.
Must I use Cepstral or flite? My first objective is to simply make an announcment.

Thanks - gene

udstx

Reaction score
I'm not sure how 'clear' that is, but it works for me:smile5:.
Thanks for the reply, I have installed it and am registering it now.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
From the Nerd Vittles article

From the Nerd Vittles article:

Prerequisites... For quality reasons, we strongly recommend you purchase a commercial Cepstral text-to-speech license for your server. While Flite would technically work, most folks don't respond well to calls from Egor so we have customized the code for use solely with Cepstral.

kuehnem

Reaction score
Slight Problem

What am I doing wrong?

Installed TY5 fine and it works just as stated, however I'm having trouble with answering machines/voicemails. It doesn't leave any. Just 5 seconds of nothing.

I'm bench testing with the stock config.php and reminder.xml with only the phone numbers changed. I installed on a fresh bronze box. The outbound trunks are Vitelity. Is there a sensing problem on these types of trunks or am I missing something else?

Great work Mr. Mundy.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-Matt :banghead:

kuehnem

Reaction score
Anyone? Am I the only one having this issue? Seems to be worse when calling AT&T voice mail.

kuehnem

Reaction score
Yep, and licensed it. Cepstral is working great. If someone answers the call, everything is normal, but if it goes on to Vmail or answering machine it doesn't leave a message.

Again, my trunks are Vitelity, which have worked fine with TY4.

kuehnem

Reaction score
I should also mention, this is on a fresh patched up bronze Pinf with fresh install of TY5 using the directions.

kuehnem

Reaction score
I'm going to load up some extra trunks and try to determine if the problem is my trunks or something in the config.

MACscr

Reaction score
Can this be used with recordings instead of text to speech? I really have no need for the text to speech part, but definitely need a good way to distribute recordings to a small list of phone numbers. Also, how does it handle voicemails/answering machines? Will it detect that and wait to play the recording?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Can this be used with recordings instead of text to speech? I really have no need for the text to speech part, but definitely need a good way to distribute recordings to a small list of phone numbers. Also, how does it handle voicemails/answering machines? Will it detect that and wait to play the recording?
For just recordings, I think you could use Teleyapper 4. It does a recording over the phone but you can replace that in the CLI with an audio recording of your own. You manage phone numbers for TY4 in PHPMyAdmin which is fairly easy to use. In my usage, Voicemail boxes and answering machines were detected automatically as long as you are not using POTS/ZAP cards and are using a digital form (PRI/SIP/IAX) for outbound calling.
See this for more.

emenny81

Reaction score
Has anybody modified this to instead of playing a recording do a sip call to another server??

rewhitfi2

Reaction score
But is it possible to upgrade from TeleYapper 4.0 to TeleYapper 5.0?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.