ALERT Introducing PBX in a Flash 5

mbellot

Reaction score
Life comes full circle...

I started my foray into VOIP with 3cx on a Windows PC, quickly grew tired of the relentless feature drop from the free version and switched to Trix. Got sick of their crap, found PIAF and haven't found a reason to leave.

Do you have (or can you point to) a specific list of features that the free version supports? The NV article just says "PIAF5 remains free for up to 8 simultaneous calls with a SIP trunk as well as 5-user web conferencing."

Does that mean it is limited to exactly one SIP trunk?

XIVO seems like the migration path I would go with, but the learning curve (and my lack of time) makes it a bit daunting for someone administering a home system.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Comparison Matrix here: https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/

But there was a post that some of the "missing" features were active in the free version. I have to wonder if the active features are intentional or just an artifact of this being the first Linux release and may be "fixed" soon. Maybe Ward can get some clarification.

Reaction score
I think 3CX would be doing this community a big favor if it removed the 1 SIP trunk limit. Hobbyists often have multiple providers because that's part of the 'fun'. I think the limit on 8 simultaneous calls should be enough. For you average home it could even be less than 8! I think the 1 SIP limit is a showstopper for the hobbyist - residential user. Another option is low cost one time fee that would bump up that limitation.

Their whole pricing model seems to be focused on simultaneous calls so why have a trunk limit at all?

Reaction score
:clap:And I thought the only excitement was going to be the debate!!! A big hats off to Ward for doing all the legwork to set up this relationship!

The showstopper on 3CX used to be Windows but with this version it's a new ballgame. Between 3CX and Xivo it's an amazing offering. I need more hours in a day....

chris_c_

Reaction score
An interesting surprise, 3CX with GV trunk. :phone:

The "3CX WebMeeting" video call feature looks good. If anyone has tried them both, how does it compare with an IncrediblePBX (FreePBX and/or Xivo) web conference video call?

Last edited:

Nicky

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys.. We are going to provide updates... We are working on some missing features and we will add more as we go along. We also implemented things that could never work before on Windows. Scripting API's and integrations. Webmeeting is work in progress. That will be interesting.. A bit of patience.. We worked 8 months round the clock and look where we are already..

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Oh hehe funny, i remember all spams i received about 3CX to explain why a PBX under windows is better than linux :)
Hey 3CX, yeah welcome to the real world with linux, next step is to become a free software! ;-)
And you support Debian, whaooo impressive! Really cool.

prattmd2

Reaction score
Nicky:

are you saying there are plans to add fax and webmeeting to the community edition?
The other thing I really use a lot is the intercom feature in my house. Any thought on that?

Nicky

Reaction score
HI Prattmd2.
We are going to add updates aggressively.. The fax you can use an ATA. Webmeeting will be available yes for all 3CX users. Webmeeting requires preparation.
We have already given SSL Let's Encrypt trusted FQDN's + DNS to all installations. This is a requirement for webmeeting to work correctly as it is a webRTC technology and chrome does not like untrusted webrtc traffic.
Now webmeeting will follow.. We are working round the clock to make the linux branch at par with the windows one..
Be patient and bear with us. We will NOT Disappoint.

prattmd2

Reaction score
ok, i have registered my email and clicked the link to verify it, but I am not getting my license key
I have tried through Ward's form and also the one on the 3cx site

I get the first email, but never the key?

Reaction score
ok, i have registered my email and clicked the link to verify it, but I am not getting my license key
I have tried through Ward's form and also the one on the 3cx site

I get the first email, but never the key?

When you click on the email verification link, what message do you get?

Please check your SPAM folder as well.

Let us know so that we can further investigate.

sirdotcom

Reaction score
When you click on the email verification link, what message do you get?

Please check your SPAM folder as well.

Let us know so that we can further investigate.

I am having the same problem. I get the first email but not the second one. I've tried 3 times and with a VPN. Nothing in Spam either. When I click on the verification link, I am just redirected to the home page.

Reaction score
Please try to verify your email now, it should be fine. After the verification you should receive your license key instantly.

Let me know

prattmd2

Reaction score
working fine now with getting key

one more question: any reason this would not work on an Azure debian linux instance?

Nicky

Reaction score
It works - We also tested on
Amazon AWS, Vultr, Digital Ocean, ESX, ESXi, Vmware, HyperV, Openstack, KVM, Virtual box, Azure, Google cloud compute, Cloudatcost..

prattmd2

Reaction score
ok, one more question, I am thinking about purchasing the pro edition, would I regret that if the standard edition is adding more features?
or maybe you have a nice discount code ? :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think 3CX would be doing this community a big favor if it removed the 1 SIP trunk limit. Hobbyists often have multiple providers because that's part of the 'fun'. I think the limit on 8 simultaneous calls should be enough...

Probably not going to happen, but it need not be a deal breaker. How about 4 trunks including Google Voice plus free fax support for under $50. See my post here.

Nerd Vittles article coming. soon. :chef:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.