SOLVED Internal DIDs routed through Outbound trunk not direct to extension

jerame

Reaction score
I've got what seems to be a no-brainer, but I've obviously messed something up.

I have a handful of DIDs that route successfully to my PIAF box from internal or external.

However, if I call one of my DIDs from an internal extension the call is routed out through Vitelity and then back in through Vitelity...in effect double billing me when in reality I would prefer the call to be free and just go direct extension to extension. What have I setup wrong?

I looked at the dial rules for the outbound route and didn't see any way to say if I dial a specific number route it to an extension not a trunk.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

-Jerame

jerame

Reaction score
lgaetz,
Your suggestion works perfectly. Thank you! The link with additional detail was insightful as well as I was also having the same problem. I appreciate the quick reply. I find it interesting that asterisk/FreePBX/whatever wants to route DIDs that it knows it has a local inbound route for to an outbound trunk. I would never have guessed to use a misc. application to handle this. The added link was interesting too...my users are also "slow" and dial the external number to get to the conference line. Thank you for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

-Jerame

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.