SOLVED Internal call asking for password. CDR shows "Authenticate"

rchalk

Reaction score
On a new system with 14 extensions, a call from any extension to one particular extension is asking for a password, followed by the # sign. All other extension-to-extension calls connect normally. Also, calls routed from an external DID to the problem extension connect normally.

Can anyone tell me what I might have done to cause this, and how to restore normal operation?

Thanks,

billsimon

Reaction score
It sounds like the extension number is overlapping with a feature code. I would start by reviewing the feature codes list.

rchalk

Reaction score
You are right in your assessment, but the solution is not that easy. I just discovered that 123 is the access number for Ward's Reminders feature. Unfortunately this is not in the feature code list, and since I am migrating an old system, the customer does not want to change the extension number. SO...I need to know how to change the code for reminders to a number which is not an extension.

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, I found it buried in the tutorial on the Reminders feature. All fixed now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.